Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By theaardvark
  • 1 Post By Sarah Cheng

Question Regarding Medical Inusurance with Worldwide Coverage

Closed Thread

Question Regarding Medical Inusurance with Worldwide Coverage

Hi,

I'm currently shopping for an medical insurance policy (this is long overdue). I'm looking into Prudential's PRUmyhealth prestige medical plan with Worldwide Coverage except USA.

I'm an expat working in HK (I do not have PR yet) and there is a good chance I will move out from HK in the future (most likely before the minimum 7years required for PR). As far as I can understand from the insurance plan, I will continue to be covered in my new home country and there shouldn't be anything I need to be concerned about.

Or is there? Are there any issues I might face with this plan? Happy to hear your advice.

Thanks

Sarah Cheng likes this.

You need to look at the fine print of the policy.

I suspect your home country will be defined as "Hong Kong" and your coverage outside of HK will be limited to "temporary". i.e. if you cease to remain a resident or spend over certain amount of time in a specific country it may not be covered.

Best to read the fine print! That is where the correct answer can be found.

Sarah Cheng likes this.

Hey, this is Sarah Cheng, financial consultant with Prudential.

Thank you for you interest in our premiere medial insurance products.

You are right about the relocation part. The plan will still cover you for lifetime even you've moved out of HK.

But we need to know your nationality and medical records first so that the underwriting dept can decide if your case can be insured at a regular rate.

And more importantly, you will be needing a reliable financial agent (such as myself ) on stand by 24/7 for you if you need any clarification on the plan and possible claims for your medical expenses.

Thanks

Sarah
    Financial Consultant
    Prudential

Last edited by shri; 17-07-2019 at 03:47 PM. Reason: No soliciting and personal phone numbers... This is not Facebook
    theaardvark likes this.

You might be better off with an international medical insurance.

as shri says, you need to check the fine print.

I have a similar policy and I need to be in HK every 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by theaardvark:
    Hi,

I'm currently shopping for an medical insurance policy (this is long overdue). I'm looking into Prudential's PRUmyhealth prestige medical plan with Worldwide Coverage except USA.

I'm an expat working in HK (I do not have PR yet) and there is a good chance I will move out from HK in the future (most likely before the minimum 7years required for PR). As far as I can understand from the insurance plan, I will continue to be covered in my new home country and there shouldn't be anything I need to be concerned about.

Or is there? Are there any issues I might face with this plan? Happy to hear your advice.

Thanks