Like Tree11Likes

Apple credit card

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by jgl
    Apple seems to have done their usual "reduced functionality in the name of courage" thing and removed the embossed lettering.

I've been in a couple of situations over the past year where the merchant's comms were down and they had to fall back to taking a physical imprint of the card (I guess stores still carry those mechanical card imprint machines).
    FWIW It's not apple specific or lead (like with CD-ROM drives, etc.) Amex Platinum, Discover cards etc. all don't have embossed numbers on the front anymore

First it's not as convenient as just pulling it out of my wallet, but also doesn't sound super safe to me.
    The couple of times my card has been compromised has been overseas when I've handed the card to a waiter or at a hotel check in desk and its been out of sight for 3-4 mins. I personally don't mind the card not having a number on it and if it was an app where I could generate a 1 time use card number for online purchases, I'd be fine (although the two or three places where I shop, have my card number saved on their systems).

I do believe that is part of the capabilities of the Apple Card ( not 100 percent sure)

you don’t get a one time card number but if there is a compromise - then you can instantly get a new card number - you switch in the app. So then the lack of a card number being printed on the card means no need for a new physical card.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4