Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bdw

Pls recommend no-fee, cash back credit cards for local HKD spending?

Closed Thread

Pls recommend no-fee, cash back credit cards for local HKD spending?

1. My annual income is $400K HKD.

2. No annual fee. I don't know if all CCs allow you to telephone yearly to request them waived.

3. Cash back. I seldom fly or travel to anywhere but Canada, my home, where I already have many CCs. I don't want airline points.

4. I spend just HKD, chiefly on groceries.

I already tried aggregators, but I'm bewildered and hoodwinked by the proclaimed cash-back percentages for too many different categories, compared to Canadian credit cards that have far fewer categories and thus whose cash-back rewards are much easier to understand.

5. Am I correct that I can't say which aggregators I used? Or which hoodwinking Hong Kong CCs I've referring to? I saw someone get banned because they mentioned them.

When "someone" comes in through a VPN and dumps a crapload of links .. yeah, they're going to get blocked.

i noticed that hk credit card issuer plays a different game from that of singapores..

here, the incentives are usually front packed into the joining rewards.. and less resources are placed on the subsequent spending..
    in singapore, its easy for me to find a cash back of 4/6% on certain category of spending.. but not common in hk... if you see the credit card advertisement, its all on how much money you can receive at the start by applying for which card...etc.

If you are after cashback and not miles, one card that does everything for local HKD spending, then in my opinion the best card is Standard Chartered Simply Cash which gives 1.5% cashback on everything.

If you want to focus primarily on groceries, the best year round card is Citibank Rewards card, which offers 2% cashback on all supermarkets. But having said this, many supermarkets partner with banks a lot to offer different kinds of promotions. For example, for around 9 months of the year, Wellcome partners with Standard Chartered to offer $40 off when you spend over $500 (8%). So I am used to going to Wellcome once or twice a week with my grandma trolley and calculator and spending $500 with my simply cash card to get 8% back instantly, plus another 1.5% cashback at the end of the month (9.5% cashback on groceries!!!)

z754103 likes this.