Like Tree14Likes

Paying Bills with PPS

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cminds:
    I feel like a dinosaur because I still use pps. Have been since I got here in 2010 and just stuck with it
    Same here, I pay all my bills via PPS. Why should I allow anyone to just direct debit my bank account? Especially in this city where your only recourse for disputes and shitty service is not paying.
    Paxbritannia likes this.

I used PPS in the 90s to pay my mobile bill and some other random bills. Now use SC.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Same here, I pay all my bills via PPS. Why should I allow anyone to just direct debit my bank account? Especially in this city where your only recourse for disputes and shitty service is not paying.
    You can use Alipay HK to manually pay your bills. The process is really good and simple:
    1. Register your service provider in your alipay app e.g. HK Electric
    2. You'll be notified from the Alipay app when your bill is paid
    3. you can then pay the bill with just one or two taps from the alipay app, if you so choose

Sure, you may not want to provide your data to Alipay, but then again, they probably have it already

Original Post Deleted
    When I had an hsbc account before, they told me they charged $20 per set up so I didn't do it

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    You can use Alipay HK to manually pay your bills. The process is really good and simple:
    3. you can then pay the bill with just one or two taps from the alipay app, if you so choose

Sure, you may not want to provide your data to Alipay, but then again, they probably have it already
    That works for other bills but not credit card bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:

how is that more convenient than using the PPS app?
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    how is that more convenient than using the PPS app?
    Well, it isn't on it's own... But if you use multiple features in Alipay then you benefit, e.g. store payments, p2p transfers, moneyback card integration