Like Tree85Likes

Another HSBC Rant

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    This is my assumption too. But I asked the guy who setup my account. He doesnt know and needs to go away and check. I thought would be a simple answer.
    confirmed, it will be way of a rebate. I got my RM to confirm this when I bought shares when I opened my Citi account a few months ago.
    bdw likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    Why is that attributed to me....

But anyway, ZTF and ZXX will likely allow you to pay in credit card for their 'investment like gold'... cos they probably charging huge premium on them. I have not stepped into the hk retail jewelry chains before so no idea how they charge, but in Singapore I once got a quote of a gold maple at 50% premium to gold spot... the sales were giving me some craps like, the spot gold price (which is retail recommended price, generally actual spot + 20%) plus workmanship of $XXX(common for jewelry) ...

all the jewerlry chains are charging mad premiums. Strangely one of them in TST had a proper LBMA 1kg gold bar for sale, i ask how much, they spent one minute on the calculator and ended up with 25+% premium. jokers!

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    The higher level Citigold requires $1.5m relationship balance. The middle range Priority requires only $500k (and no fees anymore if you fall below). They both say they offer the free global view/global transfer which is the main thing I am chasing. So will figure this out next, whether I just keep the priority or upgrade to the Citigold. Apparently if I upgrade to Gold I can get another $5k in rebates

What I'm quite impressed with is how I've been able to do everything from home without having to speak to anyone at Citibank so far. HKID, address proof, signature, photo, etc all done in the mobile app. Now I need to setup the Aus account I might need to finally make a phone call to figure out how to do it.
    Keep me posted please. I want to setup a Citibank account in the UK, but from my research, Citibank UK only offer Citigold, not Citi Priority. So I would need to wait until I reach Citigold levels (only moved to HK recently) before being able to get my money out of HK..

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast