Like Tree25Likes

HSBC not reimbursing my money after fraudulent cash withdrawals and transactions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    jgl

Quote Originally Posted by Cminds
    I know I can't speak for all, but I rarely have my actual ATM card on me. I carry around $500 in cash and I will mostly use that for taxis or small places that only accept cash. Everything else is credit cards, octopus card or using my phone wallets to pay. I'll only carry my atm card if I specifically need to deposit or withdraw money but then afterwards I'll leave my ATM card at home.
    What do you do when you run out of cash? Obviously you're refilling occasionally if you only carry around a max of 500. You literally swap it back into your wallet every time you run low on cash?
    juanalias likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl
    What do you do when you run out of cash? Obviously you're refilling occasionally if you only carry around a max of 500. You literally swap it back into your wallet every time you run low on cash?
    Like I said, I rarely use cash. I mostly take uber over taxi if needed. I'll use FPS or payme to transfer money to friends if we need to split the bill. If I really need more cash, I'll withdraw but that's like once a month if even.
    jgl likes this.

bdw

The new concern these days is if you have your banking app on your phone with fingerprint access, thieves just need to steal your phone and cut off your finger to access your bank accounts now. Or if you fall asleep on the bus/train they might be able to do it without cutting your finger off

chuckster007 likes this.

bdw

Quote Originally Posted by jgl
    Standard chartered ATM's have QR cash function. This means you use your phone to withdraw for example $500, go to the ATM and scan the QR code on the ATM machine, get your $500. No need to use ATM card and pin.
    shri, jgl, chuckster007 and 3 others like this.

I''m confused, was it a VISA credit card or an ATM card?
    If Visa, did you report it to Visa and what is your cash-withdrawal limit?

Alipay & WeChat pay is the way to go!

If you are a Premier customer and it's when the banks are open, withdraw cash from the human beings in the branch - and you get a cup of coffee too.

Paxbritannia likes this.

Hi Anthony,

The same thing has happened to me - I just wondered if you managed to get anywhere with your request?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2