Like Tree80Likes

HSBC Red Credit Card: the HSBC card you can actually understand

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    Just check the terms, I don't think you get cashback with AAVS.

I use my SCB Simply Cash Visa for AAVS as you get 1.5% cashback with that.

Re smart Octupus it only applies to the newer Samsung phones only.

Has anyone tried this on the Citibank Mobile App?

https://www.citibank.com.hk/english/...ds/payall.html

You can use this to pay rent, management fees, car park, tuition etc. It can be one-off or montly recurring.

Aparrently, the transaction fee is $68 per each $10,000 (i.e. 0.68%), so you still come out ahead even if you use the Cashback card at 1% rebate? Essentially free rebates on items you won't get points / cash rebates in the first place?

https://www.mrmiles.hk/citi-payall/ - Apologies this is in Chinese

Just FYI according to the FT group, online subscriptions (like Netflix, etc) don't count as online, but rather recurring billing so its 1% rather than 4% cashback for them.

Original Post Deleted
    Flyertalk.

Hello,

I am new to HK. I do have HSBC Premier but no income in HK initially, how do i get this HSBC Red card? any tricks?

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Just FYI according to the FT group, online subscriptions (like Netflix, etc) don't count as online
    Slightly off topic, but I switched my Netflix subscription to AMEX because although charged in HKD, their processor is based overseas which qualifies this as an overseas-HKD transaction, therefore subject to the additional 0.95% which Visa / MC cheekily tag on. Not sure if anyone else noticed this. This bastards.
    bdw and muzzdang like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tparker:
    Slightly off topic, but I switched my Netflix subscription to AMEX because although charged in HKD, their processor is based overseas which qualifies this as an overseas-HKD transaction, therefore subject to the additional 0.95% which Visa / MC cheekily tag on. Not sure if anyone else noticed this. This bastards.
    Thanks for this. Just FYI it's not Visa or MC that do this but the specific card issuer. In my case I charge stuff like this normally to CCB Eye card and there is no additional charge.

You need to check the terms of your card issuer on this.

Quote Originally Posted by tparker:
    Standard Chartered are the pricks that do this and they charge 1%. For example, they charge me $93.93 for my netflix subscription that should be only $93. They add an extra 1%. But after changing netflix to my HSBC card, this charge has disappeared.

For small charges like netflix, its not a huge amount. But the real scam is when you buy larger ticket items such as buying flights online, etc. For example, I spent around $12000 shipping boxes from HK to Australia with SevenSeas. I mistakenly used my Standard Chartered CC rather than HSBC or Citibank, ended up charging me $120 more than what SevenSeas billed me. Standard Chartered really has no shame at all.
    Rob2020 and muzzdang like this.

Standard Chartered really has no shame at all.
    Gotta pay those global fines you know!

What is more shocking is that you made a mistake on a credit card transaction. Unacceptable to some of us who have a very godly opinion of you.

Original Post Deleted
    , AAVS recharge gives 1$ Rewardcash/ 250$ recharge- 0.4%.
    @pin , could you point me to list a of things that qualify as "online" expenditure? From what I could gather looking around, it seems that the HSBC Visa Signature is good if one can qualify, followed by Red.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast