Like Tree39Likes

2020 Credit Card

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by muzzdang:
    I set up a reminder on my phone around the due dates so that I don't miss it. I also set an auto debit (not autopay) a certain amount to my cards based on my estimated spending each month, at least I am not late.

In terms of YUU, you can link your Octopus so you spending can be linked the YUU points.
    In that sense I do have autopay for full amounts set up with all my credit cards.
    muzzdang likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Thinking of updating strategy, any thoughts?

- Online: HSBC Red [4% cashback]
    - HTVMall: HKTVMall Citi [up to 15% cashback on Thursdays]
    - Dining: HSBC Signature [3.6% cashback]
    - Paywave: CCB Eye [2% cashback]
    - Foreign spending: SCB Simply Cash [2% cashback]
    - Everything else: SCB Simply Cash [1.5% cashback]
    ]
    this is prob a noob question but for online purchases like on Amazon in USD, does Red Card count it as foreign spending or as online?

Which credit card would you guys recommend I get if I am to use it to buy electronics such as MacBook pro, Apple watch, and iPhone 12?

I suppose I'm interested in collecting points or miles. I usually only spend money on food (ubereats, eating at restaurants, rarely do I ever buy clothing or jewelry unless it's for my wife).

In terms of miles I suppose I'll save them for the future (I'd like to save enough miles to fly first class with my wife and daughter to NYC. That'll be in about 2 to 4 years.

I'm looking for a card that is going to get me the most points for spending a large sum of money. If I can get points from paying rent from my card That'll be great too.

Quote Originally Posted by foxwendal:
    this is prob a noob question but for online purchases like on Amazon in USD, does Red Card count it as foreign spending or as online?
    I think according to the terms online comes first, then foreign.
    foxwendal and mysti like this.

You can link it to your octopus card so that you don't have to bring up the app each time to collect points. Just tap it when being asked for the Yuu membership and you can then choose to pay with octopus or other payment methods.

I would go with HSBC Red, so you can 4% cashback.

As for paying rent, Standard Chartered allows you to cash out up to HKD100,000 each month from your credit card via FPS interest free and no handling charges. No points or cash back, but essentially free money for up to 56 days. Rinse and repeat next month

Malk11212 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by muzzdang:
    I would go with HSBC Red, so you can 4% cashback.

As for paying rent, Standard Chartered allows you to cash out up to HKD100,000 each month from your credit card via FPS interest free and no handling charges. No points or cash back, but essentially free money for up to 56 days. Rinse and repeat next month

Thank you, My wife has this card already so I'll use her card to purchase my electronics in that case.

As for the rent, I have enough money to pay it, I just wanted to know if I can use a credit card so I can get rewards while paying for it since it'll be a monthly expense. I appreciate your advice.

In that case, you can use Citibank Pay All

https://www.citibank.com.hk/english/...ds/payall.html

Good: there are points / cash back
    Bad: there is a handling charge

Malk11212 likes this.

I'm currently with hsbc personnel intergated account. Don't have a credit card yet.

I only spend money normally on dining in restaurants and supermarkets. Paying rent/bills

Which would be a good credit card for me and is it worth changing banks for a better deal ?

Quote Originally Posted by 1989hk:
    I'm currently with hsbc personnel intergated account. Don't have a credit card yet.

I only spend money normally on dining in restaurants and supermarkets. Paying rent/bills

Which would be a good credit card for me and is it worth changing banks for a better deal ?
    You don't have to change banks for a better deal.

To keep things simple probably look at the Citi or SCB cashback options.
    AsianXpat0 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast