Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ipandabear
  • 1 Post By techjunkee

month to month medical insurance

Closed Thread

month to month medical insurance

I left my job late last year and I don't have any medical insurance coverage this year.
    Are there any providers that will provide month to month medical insurance? Most likely get a new job soon so not keen on a year long commitment. Also would prefer if it will cover outside of HK (ie China/SEA)

GreggS likes this.

Hi ipandabear,

I think almost all local HK plans require an annual subscription.

A few international plans are annual subscription, but will allow you to either pay monthly/annual but will refund the pro-rata if you cancel, so long as there were no claims.

I do know of a short-term plan more often used for sabbatical or gap year that might work.
    Just be aware that it is designed for medical emergencies, not going to the GP for the flu.
    The only drawback is that it is not truly month-to-month; you need to designate a period of months upfront and are only allowed 1 extension.

PM me for more detail.

Quote Originally Posted by ipandabear:
    I left my job late last year and I don't have any medical insurance coverage this year.
    Are there any providers that will provide month to month medical insurance? Most likely get a new job soon so not keen on a year long commitment. Also would prefer if it will cover outside of HK (ie China/SEA)
    If you're still on a valid visa you can access the public system. I suppose it really just depends on what you need to use it for. What country are you a citizen of?
    shri likes this.