Like Tree12Likes

Priority plus banking

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by DimSumBond
    I don't think they rotate such dinners. This is the type the big boss pays for and everyone gives praise and thanks for the sharksfin soup.
    Only if he is actually the boss. You lose face if you don't pay your share of dinners amongst equals. It's mostly a back and forth, with people pretending to fight over the bill but everybody knows who is supposed to be paying and who paid the last time.
    Last edited by mrgoodkat; 26-02-2020 at 07:27 PM.

I was upgraded to one of these services and find it of little value. I got a new relationship manager, who is no better and possibly worse than the last. She tried to sell me insurance for a while, I showed no interest and now she's moved on to mutual funds...just going down the list based on commission levels. Probably structured products next. I miss being neglected by the previous RM. There's not even a pretense of going through any financial planning process. I think I get marginally better rates on FX & time deposits, but that's about it. They also send across VIP promotions for luxury holidays, Michelin star restaurants, spas, etc. I have no interest in any of these. I'd actually be a lot more satisfied if it were the occasional free notebook, desk calendar, buffet coupon or whatever.

mrgoodkat, DimSumBond and pin like this.

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor
    Not at the moment you don't!
    This is unfortunately true. Sacrificed in the struggle against the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by pin
    Apart from the ability to sell more complex (read higher fees) products to you, anyone actually found any use to this higher status?
    Absolutely. Sitting down while waiting to be served. No standing up and shuffling along a queue.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat
    Jade has 0.1% better interest rates over Premier and a different credit card. You also get an extra 5% discount on fees when buying bonds over 5 million USD. Other than that, it's just as overrated as Premier.
    Is that a typo - USD or HKD? A single 5mil USD bond purchase, we're already well into PB territory. Kinda surprised if so.

Quote Originally Posted by foxwendal
    Is that a typo - USD or HKD? A single 5mil USD bond purchase, we're already well into PB territory. Kinda surprised if so.
    Not a typo. Special rates only if you are over 5 million USD. Unless they have a typo in all their brochures.
    foxwendal likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2