Like Tree26Likes

Advice Needed - HSBC ATM Card, Security Device Problems

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Chantra:
    Thanks for replying, chuckster007...but I can't get past the barrage of information needed before I can talk to anyone.
    The way to get though is to click whatever key is necessary to report a lost or stolen card. They do answer right away. Then you them your card was not lost or stolen but you are pissed and have a different problem.

Why did you dispose of the old card before receiving the new one? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway..the number on the atm card is the account number, maybe you can get it from some statements?

Chantra likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    What information are you missing to progress through the queue?
    Well, for a start I don't seem to have an internet banking password. :-| I was going great guns yesterday during the registration, until the final hurdle, when I was asked for a number on the bottom right of my destroyed card.

Anyway, I'm going to take emx's advice and go to HK. Haven't been there for two and a half years, so it's about time. Many thanks to all who replied.

Quote Originally Posted by alexdown:
    Why did you dispose of the old card before receiving the new one? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    A fit of pique. :-) I get so pissed off with HSBC...

You should report lost card by calling 2233 3000, there should be an option for that. Someone should answer immediately without you having to provide too much information.

Chantra likes this.

Just wondering, did you inform HSBC of your new address in Thailand? If not it may be difficult to sort out on the phone anyway. Much better if you can travel to HK for a few days. May also be worth checking that your branch is still open, a few are closed now following "vandalism".

Chantra likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyresmoke:
    Just wondering, did you inform HSBC of your new address in Thailand? If not it may be difficult to sort out on the phone anyway. Much better if you can travel to HK for a few days. May also be worth checking that your branch is still open, a few are closed now following "vandalism".
    Yes, I informed them. I've been in Thailand over eight years. Was booked to travel to HK on Sunday (from Koh Samui) but all direct flights are now cancelled until Oct 25. However, I did find a workaround as my wife left her security device behind when she left for the UK and, as it's a joint account, I can use that to access all the functions that were locked on HSBC's site, such as email.

Thanks again to all who replied.