Like Tree11Likes

Month by month health insurance for COVID 19?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant
    Just buy an International insurance plan. I've done it before. Here's one that even covers you for three months. But as people said, for covid-19 you go to a public hospital.

https://www.axaglobalhealthcare.com/...lth-insurance/
    I see, thanks for clarifying. I heard, however, that u can buy but u can't claim for the insurance in a country in which u're a resident of?
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant
    You buy an annual plan with monthly payments and then you quit after three months.
    Your policy will lapse for non payment. This is not recommended as most policies are designed with 1 year renewal in mind.
    It is extremely likely insurance companies will not deal with the buyer if they know of this intention. Also, it is difficult to say how this may affect future underwriting decisions. What happens if you decide to remain in hk or return to hk?

Public insurance with HKID works fine. Get an annual if you need private, less repercussion to bear in mind.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by geoheyexpat
    I see, thanks for clarifying. I heard, however, that u can buy but u can't claim for the insurance in a country in which u're a resident of?
    You mean for the AXA PPP or the short-term coverage? I have used AXA PPP previously as a resident of Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rvec
    Your policy will lapse for non payment. This is not recommended as most policies are designed with 1 year renewal in mind.
    It is extremely likely insurance companies will not deal with the buyer if they know of this intention. Also, it is difficult to say how this may affect future underwriting decisions. What happens if you decide to remain in hk or return to hk?

Public insurance with HKID works fine. Get an annual if you need private, less repercussion to bear in mind.
    What repercussions are you talking about? As I said I have done it before and it had no impact on me getting insurance again. Insurances not wanting to take your money again is unheard of.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3