Like Tree2Likes

Are HK banks chargeback friendly for cardholders?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

For chargebacks Amex provides the best service in Hong Kong hands down. No other banks can compare in my opinion.

TheBrit likes this.

bdw

HSBC are shithouse. I had a mysterious US$1.99 (HK$16) transaction from Miami Herald on my credit card a few months ago. This seems to be for the first month promo of subscription for this digital newspaper, then following months $15 per month or something like this. I never signed up for this crap no idea how it got on my card. Miami Herald were unresponsive to my requests for a refund or even to remove me as a subscriber, so had to cancel the card before the bastards charge me again. HSBC HK refused to refund me the $16 subscription because they said was a $30 charge to dispute the transaction. If it was a larger amount I would have fought with HSBC, but you have to pick your battles wisely so I just cancelled the card and left it at that. Some prick enjoyed a one month subscription on me.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    HSBC are shithouse. I had a mysterious US$1.99 (HK$16) transaction from Miami Herald on my credit card a few months ago. This seems to be for the first month promo of subscription for this digital newspaper, then following months $15 per month or something like this. I never signed up for this crap no idea how it got on my card. Miami Herald were unresponsive to my requests for a refund or even to remove me as a subscriber, so had to cancel the card before the bastards charge me again. HSBC HK refused to refund me the $16 subscription because they said was a $30 charge to dispute the transaction. If it was a larger amount I would have fought with HSBC, but you have to pick your battles wisely so I just cancelled the card and left it at that. Some prick enjoyed a one month subscription on me.
    Thanks mate, I did enjoy their coverage of the Covid19 crisis.
    bdw likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2