Like Tree2Likes

TransferWise

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cminds:
    Careful with your bank charges. Inatarem gave me better rates but there was an incoming fee charge in my Canadian bank account with them as opposed to Transferwise which didn't have any fees
    That must be down to your bank? As far as I see Instarem quote the amount the are going to transfer. That’s the amount that ends up in my bank.

bdw

Quote Originally Posted by Cminds:
    Careful with your bank charges. Inatarem gave me better rates but there was an incoming fee charge in my Canadian bank account with them as opposed to Transferwise which didn't have any fees
    I've never had incoming bank charges using instarem to my bank accounts in Australia or Malaysia. Also done reverse back from Australia to Hong Kong and no fees coming in to Hong Kong. I also have transferwise and use that from time to time too, whichever has the best rate.

What is really unbelievably amazing to me is that like most of you I have a multicurrency bank account with my HK bank (eg I have HKD and AUD accounts with Standard Chartered). But now the multicurrency accounts are largely useless. If I want to hold some AUD, I'll get a better rate by sending it from my SC HK account all the way to my local Australian bank in Australia and hold it there than to move it internally between my SC accounts. If I want to convert back from AUD to HKD, again its better to go from a local Australian bank back to HK rather than internally with the same HK bank.
    muzzdang and Paxbritannia like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    I've never had incoming bank charges using instarem to my bank accounts in Australia or Malaysia. Also done reverse back from Australia to Hong Kong and no fees coming in to Hong Kong. I also have transferwise and use that from time to time too, whichever has the best rate.

What is really unbelievably amazing to me is that like most of you I have a multicurrency bank account with my HK bank (eg I have HKD and AUD accounts with Standard Chartered). But now the multicurrency accounts are largely useless. If I want to hold some AUD, I'll get a better rate by sending it from my SC HK account all the way to my local Australian bank in Australia and hold it there than to move it internally between my SC accounts. If I want to convert back from AUD to HKD, again its better to go from a local Australian bank back to HK rather than internally with the same HK bank.
    Pretty amazing the banks try to gouge you on every transaction even if you have a multi currency account...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2