Like Tree9Likes

ZA Bank - How to Download / Use / Register

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by doug diehard:
    I'm trying to sign up with Zelle from Canada. I have a HK address and my HKID. But I ran into a snag when I didn't have a HK mobile number. I can't just use a friend's or relative's because apparently sometimes Zelle will need to contact me at that number. I wouldn't be able to respond right away. Has anyone got a suggestion?
    Zelle is "is a United States–based digital payments network owned by Early Warning Services, a private financial services company owned by the banks Bank of America, BB&T, Capital One, JPMorgan Chase, PNC Bank, US Bank and Wells Fargo." (from Wikipedia)

ZA Bank is HK's first and only virtual bank that can enable you to receive the 10,000HKD cash payout, but many banks (SC, BEA, and more) allow you to use their HK bank app to open a sole-named bank account using the same selfie and HKID-card scanning technology (it seems to be the same).

As for an HK mobile #, I don't think you'll need it that often, so I'd say to just complete your bank account application while video chatting with a close family member or a close friend in HK while completing your fairly simple application. Then after July 8th, you can transfer your money out of your ZA Bank (or whatever bank you choose to use) account to wherever you actually want to have the money. Then I wouldn't worry about the account, and you could even close it via the app (maybe) or you could probably figure out a way to close it remotely at least. You could even tell a close friend or family member in HK that you'll even FPS them 100HKD or something (you decide) if you think you're bothering them too much by temporarily borrowing their HK mobile #. It would probably be best if the person you get help from doesn't already have their mobile # registered with the bank you're choosing to use. You could even go as far as to ask them to get a cheap SIM from 7-11 or whatever, put it in their phone, video chat with them, get them to tell you whatever codes you need to complete your application, and then you'll just wait until July 8th.
    chuckster007 likes this.

As for an HK mobile #, I don't think you'll need it that often, so I'd say to just complete your bank account application while video chatting with a close family member or a close friend in HK while completing your fairly simple application. Then after July 8th, you can transfer your money out of your ZA Bank (or whatever bank you choose to use) account to wherever you actually want to have the money. Then I wouldn't worry about the account, and you could even close it via the app (maybe) or you could probably figure out a way to close it remotely at least. You could even tell a close friend or family member in HK that you'll even FPS them 100HKD or something (you decide) if you think you're bothering them too much by temporarily borrowing their HK mobile #. It would probably be best if the person you get help from doesn't already have their mobile # registered with the bank you're choosing to use. You could even go as far as to ask them to get a cheap SIM from 7-11 or whatever, put it in their phone, video chat with them, get them to tell you whatever codes you need to complete your application, and then you'll just wait until July 8th.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I like your idea of getting a cheap sim from 7-11. I think that might work.

Anyone else only received HKD100 bonus instead of the HKD600 quoted?

Quote Originally Posted by manloonw:
    Anyone else only received HKD100 bonus instead of the HKD600 quoted?
    No i got the $600. Did you get 2 successful referrals?
    chuckster007 likes this.

So to update you.... I applied for my ZA account yesterday using a HK friend's extra sim card. My friend just had to message me the code that was sent to that phone number, and I was in. I got bogged down on scanning my HKID card. For some reason it wouldn't scan so I had to try multiple times. My phone screen eventually froze and I had to start over again. That was frustrating, but I finally did it. The facial recognition procedure went smoothly and so did the rest of the registration. I got immediate approval. So I was able to register for the handout right away. I was impressed that only took a minute, literally! Now I'm waiting for the deposit!

shri likes this.

Update: I got the 10K handout in my account in 6 days.

shri likes this.

I didn't *think* my face differs that much from that on my ID, but I tried countless times to register and the process kept failing... usually at the "nod your head" or "open/close your mouth slowly" stages. I tried deleting app / starting from scratch / using two other phones with potentially better cameras etc... none worked.

Shame: that's one less customer for ZA Bank. I called their hotline but short of changing my HKID, there was nothing they could do.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4