Alipay HK - how are their exchange rates?

Alipay HK - how are their exchange rates?

I just have to do a US$ payment and the merchant does not use Paypal. Credit Card will add something like 3-4% do to their self-generous exchange rates.

Merchant also takes Alipay. So how is Alipay's HK$/US$ conversion?

And is it easy to open an Alipay account in HK?

Alipay HK only allows remittance to Philippines. Opening an account isn't cumbersome. Should not take more than a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by mangohkd:
    Alipay HK only allows remittance to Philippines.
    It's a planed purchase from a website that is in US$ from a US company, but I am not sure where they are physically located, or where they process their payments.

I haven't tried with HKD/USD.

HK Alipay is easy to setup.

Can link credit card to alipay.

I think Alipay HK only works in HK, Macau, China and Japan atm.

https://www.alipayhk.com/en/alipayconnect

I think I will just use my credit card and eat the poor exchange rate. May look into that later.

Have you looked at purchasing an online visa card and sending it to them by email? Might need a bit of research. Not sure if you can purchase it using a credit card issued in HK.

In relation to this I added US Barclayscard to my AliPayHK. I'm having trouble with my US Capital one credit card, and I haven't been able to get my US Chase credit card to be added to AliPayHK despite calling Chase and AliPayHK. I'm hoping it'll work eventually because as far as I know AliPayHK is the only free way I know that I can use a US credit card to pay HK government rent, HK water bills, HK electric bills, and more bills just by scanning a QR code? Feel free to PM me if you know of other QR code scanning apps that let you use a US credit card for free to pay so many HK organizations that don't directly accept payment via credit cards.

Anyway, open an AliPayHK account, if someone refers you they'll get a tiny referral bonus. Try to add whatever credit card you want and see if you can complete your transaction with your merchant's QR code or some other method they can tell you about for paying them using AliPay.