Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ExpatX

Starting online facility from abroad

Starting online facility from abroad

Hello there,
    I have a bank account with BOC opened a couple of decades ago. I only ever used it as a savings account to deposit funds but now I would like to be able to transfer money around. Has anyone added this facility from outside HK? Or do I need to fly back and arrange things in person? Thanks for any and all advice on this!

Mr Chips likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ExpatX:
    Hello there,
    I have a bank account with BOC opened a couple of decades ago. I only ever used it as a savings account to deposit funds but now I would like to be able to transfer money around. Has anyone added this facility from outside HK? Or do I need to fly back and arrange things in person? Thanks for any and all advice on this!
    My wife managed to open a Standard Chartered account from abroad last week... HKID/Address required... I assume you have the former and a pal's address in HK should do for the latter...

Do you have online access to your Boc account?

If not you need to contact them and mail some forms in to enable online access.

You might be able to open a new account as suggested above and mail them a cheque from Boc if you still have cheques for your old acct.

Red face

Thanks very much for your thoughts Mr. Chips and Shri. Gives me some hope.