Like Tree4Likes

Sending USD from HK to US

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Windmill65:
    As far as I know must the sender and receiver of the transfer be one and the same person. In other words: you can't transfer to third parties.
    Transferwise is for sending to third parties. However it depends on which country your account is tagged as, the currency, etc. You can also look at Payoneer, or western union.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    Transferwise is for sending to third parties. However it depends on which country your account is tagged as, the currency, etc. You can also look at Payoneer, or western union.
    It's not at all for sending to third parties. I used it yesterday for the first time, sending money to myself in the UK. I was incredibly happy with the transparency and the speed - I had the money in my UK account in less than 30 mins! I was amazed.

One of the options to tick was to send money to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Flapster:
    It's not at all for sending to third parties. I used it yesterday for the first time, sending money to myself in the UK. I was incredibly happy with the transparency and the speed - I had the money in my UK account in less than 30 mins! I was amazed.

One of the options to tick was to send money to yourself.
    I use it all the time for sending to third parties, maybe your account setup is different than mine.

You can send to third parties. You can also just as easily send to your own account.

Quote Originally Posted by Flapster:
    You can send to third parties. You can also just as easily send to your own account.
    You can send to whoever you want.

If you have status with CITI (priority or gold) and transfer online there are no fees. Just make sure you select you pay all fees. If you select share fees, the correspondence bank will take a cut.

lolone likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2