Like Tree30Likes

2021 Tax Season Loan

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

I cannot believe it, one day after HSBC tried screwing me yesterday, today is Standard Chartered's turn. This time not about tax loans, but credit card annual fee waiver.

I have 3 cards with SC. Priority Banking, Simply Cash, Asia miles. I called them on 30th November, asking if any of my cards have annual fees, if so please waive them (as I have to do every year). They said PB and Simply Cash never have annual fees so dont worry about it. Also the Asia miles is waived for 2020 so dont worry about that either.

Now I check my statement, December 6th (1 week after I call them), these pricks have slapped a $2000 annual fee on my Asia miles card. One week after I called them and they said they would not! Have I got a "screw me" sticker on my back or something or does everyone else have these kind of problems too?

I just called them and they said dont worry you are priority so we will reverse it in 1-2 days. But why they keep trying it on, just trying to screw people that don't have the time or patience to go through their credit card records every month? It's bad enough I have to remember to call them every year to tell them to waive the fees, but then to have them completely ignore me and 1 week later slap on the fee anyway is just ridiculous.

Sage likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Yeah I also get 90% of calls in Cantonese and just hang up on them. This one was in English, was really from HSBC, had all my details at hand, I was apparently pre-approved for a $700k loan based on HSBC's internal criteria and ready to dish out the funds. They have no idea I don't live in HK anymore (they still call my HK sim) but I am still a PR and they said I don't need any proof of salary.
    You stayed on the line long enough to listen to the offer?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4