Like Tree126Likes

2021 Credit Cards

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

Bit of a funny one with BOC.

Autopay has been rejected because the credit card name is "Surname Firstname" but my bank account is "Surname Firstname Middlename".

Computer says no!!

JD card terms being amended:

https://www.asia.ccb.com/hongkong/pe...doc/jd-noa.pdf

Main changes to me seem to be the following:

- Max cashback is now limited to 1M bonus points (need to work out what that means, seems to suggest it means max spend on card to get optimal cashback would be HKD125k but correct me on this please if I am wrong)
    - No cashback to transfer/top up transactions. Not sure if this going to capture PayPal and Alipay transactions.

Received this in mail today; if this is going to capture AliPay transactions mentioned in second point, this card is dead for me !

Hi guys, new in HK and would love to know what’s the easiest credit card I can get here. Banking with hsbc and that’s where my salary is coming in too - they declined my cc application. Tried with citi, no luck. Btw tried those through online application. I was advised to established credit history. I opted to do loan and done paying it already. Never missed a payment since it’s on auto-debit from my bank account. I have MC debit card which makes my daily life easy but would also love to take advantage of the perks and benefits especially for staycation discounts

welcome to HK! I love ZA bank - it’s a virtual bank and you can set it up pretty instantly. It has a ‘power draw’ feature where you can get rebate on your purchases and a funny ‘quests’ thing also for the same purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by jsi03:
    Hi guys, new in HK and would love to know what’s the easiest credit card I can get here. Banking with hsbc and that’s where my salary is coming in too - they declined my cc application. Tried with citi, no luck. Btw tried those through online application. I was advised to established credit history. I opted to do loan and done paying it already. Never missed a payment since it’s on auto-debit from my bank account. I have MC debit card which makes my daily life easy but would also love to take advantage of the perks and benefits especially for staycation discounts
    HSBC is usually the best bet for easy access to credit cards IMO. Their gold card is entry level and most likely to be approved, if you didn't already try that. Why did they reject you?

Mox gets my virtual bank vote, if only because I couldn't actually get the ZA one opened. The MC you'll be given (although technically debit) will function as a credit card, and you'll even get the 1% immediate cashback - comparable to some credit cards.

If you want a real credit card though... keep trying. I've had friends with HSBC issues, but had no problems with Citibank. I've personally not had an issue with most banks, but Bank of China appear to hate me for some reason.

Then there's always AMEX, albeit not as widely accepted here. I do find their overall service better; not being an actual retail bank probably helps.

Paxbritannia likes this.

If you don't need a high credit limit then go for AEON card.. they approve it within 30mins if all document are satisfactory...

PrimeCredit can be tried as well. 2% UnionPay card is quite good. Their process is quite fast.

Apparently, I applied with amex with one of the promoters in timesquare last April
    10th. Submitted all the documents needed. Called customer service today and they said the application got declined last April 10th lol same day, seriously?? I don’t think it’s with my credit score, got a loan even if I don’t need it just to establish credit history and paid it at the minimum month which is 3 months, never missed nor delayed a payment.

when I asked about the reason, the customer service mentioned about documents. Never thought hk would be so much pain in the ass with getting a credit card

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast