Like Tree126Likes

2021 Credit Cards

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

I wouldn't recommend ZA Bank. Sure, you can theoretically win up to 200% but in reality, the total cash back you will get for your purchases will be something between 1% and 1.5%. But it just seems higher with ZA as they give you 0.7% often but then on a small purchase you'll win 10%. So why not use other cards that guarantee 2%?

Hmm you make sense. I feel like part of why I like using it is the ‘fun’ factor as well because you don’t know IF you might win a higher cashback % on the power draw… so that keeps you using it! Which ones guarantee 2%? I guess I gotta get updated

ZA is fine for transactions upto say HK$50. It gives 10% or so every time. For bigger transactions, it’s paltry.

Quote Originally Posted by icecreamed:
    Hmm you make sense. I feel like part of why I like using it is the ‘fun’ factor as well because you don’t know IF you might win a higher cashback % on the power draw… so that keeps you using it! Which ones guarantee 2%? I guess I gotta get updated
    PrimeCredit EarnMore diamond Union Pay card
    icecreamed likes this.

Thinking of getting CCB JD.. do we know if the 4% alipay rebate is still working?

Last edited by icecreamed; 08-11-2021 at 04:23 PM.
    muzzdang likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by icecreamed:
    Thinking of getting CCB JD.. do we know if the 4% alipay rebate is still working?
    Yes, it is still working. Yearly max spend limit of $142K is applicable for 4%.
    caipiroska and icecreamed like this.

Seems Alipay bill payments may end next month (which worked with CCB JD for 4%):

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33741858-post209.html

The suggestion is to add WeChat Pay with DBS Black or Citi Prestige which I've not looked into in terms of cashback.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Seems Alipay bill payments may end next month (which worked with CCB JD for 4%):

The suggestion is to add WeChat Pay with DBS Black or Citi Prestige which I've not looked into in terms of cashback.
    So if CCB JD is still giving out 4% on AliPay txns, bill pay would net us 1.6% now ($100*2.5% = $102.5 * 0.96 = $98.4).

Quote Originally Posted by pin:

Others I found:

Via the UnionPay app, BOC i-Card Virtual 4% up to $1111 (as it counts for online spending) and EarnMORE 2%, or, ICBC virtual 1.5% through their e-banking

Quote Originally Posted by zechi:
    Others I found:

Via the UnionPay app, BOC i-Card Virtual 4% up to $1111 (as it counts for online spending) and EarnMORE 2%, or, ICBC virtual 1.5% through their e-banking
    Welp, looks like they’re also scratching the ICBC Virtual 1.5% for bill payment

UnionPay it is