Like Tree126Likes

2021 Credit Cards

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vyral_143:
    So if CCB JD is still giving out 4% on AliPay txns, bill pay would net us 1.6% now ($100*2.5% = $102.5 * 0.96 = $98.4).
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by zechi:
    Others I found:

Via the UnionPay app, BOC i-Card Virtual 4% up to $1111 (as it counts for online spending) and EarnMORE 2%, or, ICBC virtual 1.5% through their e-banking
    How does this work? Use Unionpay app with BOC iCard to earn total of 4% up to $1111? What is EarnMORE?

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    What is EarnMORE?
    UnionPay Card from PrimeCredit - flat 2% on all spends up to HK$200K in a year; 1% thereafter.
    zechi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by caipiroska:
    Today I got my statement: I had only Alipay payments on my bill, a mix of bill payments (gas, water, phone bill) and a few 7/11 small stuff payments. Still have 4% cashback received
    Update: due to the imposed handling fee, it is not very attractive any more to pay bills with the CCB card via Alipay

"Starting from 21 December 2021, a handling fee of 2.5% of the
    transaction amount will be charged for bill payment including
    electricity bill, gas bill, Government bills (including water bill,
    rates, Government rent etc.) and property management fee with
    Credit Card (Except Baccount balance, bank account, Ant Bank
    Libra Savings, BOC Credit Card or SCB Q Credit Card) .The
    handling fee will be charged on each payment transaction. "

UnionPay Card from PrimeCredit - flat 2% on all spends up to HK$200K in a year; 1% thereafter.
    Does the 2% flat Cashback apply to all merchants and gov bills? I just threw in my cc application

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    Does the 2% flat Cashback apply to all merchants and gov bills? I just threw in my cc application
    All merchants - yes; not sure on Govt bills but you can link Octopus AAVS, pull in funds to Octopus wallet and pay govt bills - this way sure to get 2% CB.
    pin and D.YU like this.

Out of interest any of you know which (if any) cards get you cashback for transferring to PayMe?

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Out of interest any of you know which (if any) cards get you cashback for transferring to PayMe?
    I think Citi Cashback still gives 1% and SCB Simple Cashback used to give 1.5%. Another way I learned is, using PrimeCredit card - with AAVS Octopus, load Octopus Wallet, transfer to any wallet/bank from there; this way no fees up to $3000. Beyond that Octopus will deduct 1%, so still you net 1%
    icecreamed likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:

https://hkcashrebate.com/sc-simply-cash/ 1.5% for SCB simply cash according to this site.

I only checked the list of AAVS-rebatable cards so may not be the best one

All merchants - yes; not sure on Govt bills but you can link Octopus AAVS, pull in funds to Octopus wallet and pay govt bills - this way sure to get 2% CB.
    Never tried this.. gotta study the octopus wallet app thing. Thanks!