Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By emx
  • 1 Post By Rob2020
  • 1 Post By mused

HSBC HK SMS OTP - International Number?

Closed Thread

HSBC HK SMS OTP - International Number?

Currently based overseas and trying to register a US-based cell phone to my HSBC account for SMS OTP but with no luck. Ditched my old HK phone when I left a few years back, so that is no longer an option.

HSBC phone reps have said international phones can be registered but I have tried every combination so far with no luck.

So far, I've tried 001XXXXXXXXXX as well as 1XXXXXXXXXX. Anyone with a foreign cell phone registered to a HSBC HK willing to share what worked for them? Or will I have to try and get a HK number?

Thanks.

+1 xxx xxxxxxx

alexdown and jdf21st like this.

@emx, is this tried and tested? As in you have a HSBC account registered abroad with a US number?

The HSBC rep told me not to include +'s so that's why I never tried this combination.

@emx Is this tried and tested? As in, you have a HSBC account with a US cell number registered?

The reason I ask is that the HSBC rep told me not to include "+'s" in the phone number. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumbNSquare:
    @emx, is this tried and tested? As in you have a HSBC account registered abroad with a US number?

The HSBC rep told me not to include +'s so that's why I never tried this combination.
    Would also like to know this if anyone can confirm. I put the country code followed by the number (with zero) for UK and it didn't seem to work.
    jdf21st likes this.

Hmmm...interesting....

I recall at one time, I was adding my HK number to the HSBC Australia system - website says cannot.
    So, I asked my RM, who sorted it out.

I guess there's a 50/50 chance things have improved in the years since... Might be best off trying to find a human to help.

jdf21st likes this.