Like Tree4Likes

Tax Identification Number of Standard, Wing Lung, Citic International, China Merchant

Closed Thread

Tax Identification Number of Standard, Wing Lung, Citic International, China Merchant

Hi all

Back in Europe I need to fill a foreign asset declaration forms, among the data required are the financial Institutions TIN in HK.
    Any idea how I can find them ? Any member here could share them ? A google search doesn´t bring much info, and I´d rather not call the banks.

Fwiw I need the TIn for the following institutions :

Standard Chartered
    China Merchant Bank Wing Lung
    Citic International
    China Merchant Bank, Hong Kong

All relevant information welcome, the accounting foirm taking care of the declaration in Europe is slowly asking me for more info and I end up in a bit of hurry to finish that declaration

Thanks !
    Luis

They probably asked for your TIN in HK ?

Actually in Europe and Ime it´s pretty standard for companies to add their TIn or Vat number to their correspondence, below is exactly what they require, when I google that number for entities in some other countries it comes more readily.
    It should also be available in the company registry (publicly available in many countries)
    Not sure how it works in HK as there´s no VAT there.

NIF de la entidad
    Domicilio completo y denominación de la entidad.

For those who have to deal with a fopreign assets declaration overseas, what info do you input when it comes to HK financial entities ?

There´s no VAT in HK so I guess no VAT number, but just remembered the HK registry of company, i Europe it´s often googling it for Standard Chartered I find :

Registration Authority Entity ID

I guess that´s the number I´ll use to identify the company, but not sure whether they´ll ask something else

Nothig to do with my TIN, I´m now a resident of Spain and need to send a detailed report of my foreign assets.
    They ask for silly details and some re3sidents took to the European Courts issues with that declaration in Spain and related stupid fines, but one of the things my accountant requests to fill that form is

"Numero d'ídentificacion fiscal de la entitad" or Tax Identification number of the entity

Major hassle, and rather expensive process for whaty it does, but in most provinces in Spain (not where I live afaik), they use this to calculate the Wealth Tax and probably ask for information to those entities overseas when needed.
    Bureaucracy in Spain makes it look like a developing country

Sorry, the post 3 posts above is messy, typed on my phone and words got mixed up.
    Anyway what I meant is this number is usually the same as the VAT number in Europe and often available on companies´correspondence.
    It´s also available on public databases
    As there´s no VAT in HK, the company registration number might be used instead ? Not sure, I sent the registration numbers to the accountant, see what they say.

I am with the DeletedUsert. I would assume they perhaps want a TIN number from a foreign company if you own / are a majority shareholder in that company (25% or more) but to ask for the TIN of a bank seems very strange. It feels that the form gets misinterpreted You don't own Standard Chartered Bank (at least, I assume you don't ;-) ) but you have an account there, That is different from owning it. I live in Portugal now and the only TIN I am required to provide is my Hong Kong TIN (and obviously my Portuguese TIN). Basically they are required to do this under the CRS regs. Asking for a TIN of a bank is not part of those reporting requirements. I had a quick look at some of the Spanish forums for expats but I don't see any mention of that either.

Thanks for ur feedback, Edward, yes it sounds strange, in the EU it's common to have intracommunitary VAT numbers of entities in their correspondence, not sure what the legal firm is expecting. Coming from China I didn t find many offices willing to take care of my paperwork and tax advice ( got a contact through a mainland law firm which had a partnership in Spain).
    Not sure that firm, which has been restructured recently, has much experience in those declarations especially when it involves non european assets. Asked one of their lawyers ( more specialized in tax matters, but who was assigned to my case) to help me interpret immigration requirements a while back and he got it quite wrong already, it was simpler than he'd understood ?!? So, yes, misinterpretation is quite possible.
    Talked to the girl taking care of this and she said they would fill it without the TIN ( NIF more exactly, in spanish), and see what happens.
    I suspect language is not the issue here as my spanish is fairly fluent btw ( while my portuguese is not, one reason I chose Spain over Portugal, but Portugal might have been a better choice otherwise)
    People are friendly in Spain but bureaucracy highly unefficient, plus wealth tax on worldwide assets in most provinces doesn t help the reporting requirements.

Last edited by LuisHK; 27-03-2021 at 06:25 AM.

Intracommunitary Vat Number I meant, which afaik is the same or almost the same as the NIF. There might have been misinterpretation of the requirements here
    On a side note I had a tax audit a while back in Europe whike exporting and importing goods and most of the audit revolved around VAT

BTW, if anyone is interested, here are the requirements sent by the law firm, everything has to be uploaded on the the tax department system and all positions have to be individualised (including shares and bonds, quite a hassle if u hold a large portfolio). One good reason to stick with countries where worldwide assets and income are neither declared nor taxed:

Madrid, 05 de marzo de 2021

INFORMACIÓN NECESARIA EN CASO DE QUE LE APLIQUE PARA
    CUALQUIERA DE LOS SIGUIENTES BIENES (siempre que no se hayan
    declarado con anterioridad)

A. Cuentas bancarias situadas en el extranjero:

▪ Condición del declarante: titular o autorizado.
    ▪ Tipo de cuenta: corriente/ahorro/imposiciones a plazo/cuenta de crédito/otras.
    ▪ Número de cuenta: IBAN/ Código BIC.
    ▪ Datos de la entidad (Denominación, NIF de la entidad, domicilio completo).
    ▪ Fecha de apertura de la cuenta / Fecha de extinción (si aplica).
    ▪ Saldo a 31 de diciembre de 2020 (o en la fecha de extinción).

B. Valores, derechos, seguros y rentas depositados, gestionados u obtenidos en el
    extranjero:

▪ Código ISIN (12 posiciones) o valores extranjeros sin código.
    ▪ Datos de la entidad (Denominación, NIF de la entidad, domicilio completo).
    ▪ Fecha de incorporación / Fecha de extinción (si aplica).
    ▪ Saldo a 31 de diciembre de 2020 (o en la fecha de extinción).
    ▪ Número de valores/acciones.
    ▪ Porcentaje de participación

C. Bienes inmuebles en el extranjero:

▪ Condición del declarante: titular o usufructuario.
    ▪ Tipo: titularidad del inmueble/ derechos reales de uso o disfrute/nuda
    propiedad/otros derechos.
    ▪ Domicilio completo del inmueble.
    ▪ Fecha de incorporación / Fecha de extinción (si aplica).
    ▪ Valor de adquisición.
    ▪ Tipo de inmueble (urbano, rústico).
    ▪ Porcentaje de participación.