Like Tree15Likes

2022 - Credit Cards / Deals / Discounts / Cashbacks

Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    187
    Dining: HSBC Visa Signature Card with Dining selected for Red Hot Rewards for 3.6% Cash back. There are other cards that have higher cash back, but that's for more specific merchants. I feel like this is reasonably good without the cognitive load of thinking which merchants are eligible for higher cash back for something like BEA

    Online:
    I just use my HSBC Red card for about 4% on online shopping. Don't really bring it out and just have it connected to various online accounts.

    Controversial Choice: I just ordered the Crypto.com Visa pre-paid card that comes with 5% cash back, Spotify, netflix, and amazon prime rebates. The big caveats are that these rebates and cash back are in the dollar equivalent of CRO Token. If the CRO token drops after being rebated, you could get less than the 5%. That being said, it could also go up. Additionally, you are required to stake a certain amount of CRO to qualify for the 5% cash back tier - depositing SGD 50,000 at 12% annually. If you're optimistic on the CRO token, it's pretty great. There's obviously exclusions on what qualifies for 5% cash back, specifically purchasing money-equivalents to combat churning. Once I receive it, I'll probably try and play with it for a bit and move spending towards this card as 5% is a lot better than conditional 3.6 / 4%. Will report back how the experiment plays out. So far so good given the CRO I had to stake to qualify has gone up in value.
    Paxbritannia likes this.

  2. #22

    For ZA payments there’s a ‘power draw’ for each spend, kind like a lucky draw for how much rebate % you’ll be awarded. you can earn up to 200% rebate on your purchases. The ‘ZA coins’ obtained can be converted into $


  3. #23

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Cramped island
    Posts
    4,897
    Quote Originally Posted by tck:
    Dining: HSBC Visa Signature Card with Dining selected for Red Hot Rewards for 3.6% Cash back. There are other cards that have higher cash back, but that's for more specific merchants. I feel like this is reasonably good without the cognitive load of thinking which merchants are eligible for higher cash back for something like BEA
    .
    saw a few mention of the 3.6% CB for dining or some category. But visa signature standard CB is 2.4%,

    https://www.hsbc.com.hk/credit-cards...s/your-choice/

    you only get occasional ramp up and those would often comes with requirement like >6000 within period, >500 per bill.. etc.etc.. that reduces your potential CB level..

    so i tend to prefer the citi cashback card where dining is 2% and others are 1%. For HSBC VS I would put it onto the lifestyle category where the more posh supermarkets (citisuper, aeon, apita, yata) and come common retailers (zoff, zara, uniqulo, M&S i think) are all in..

    The HSBC VS way of spending campaign marketing is quite tiring.. have to read thru alot of T&C and pay attention to the dates...

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    saw a few mention of the 3.6% CB for dining or some category. But visa signature standard CB is 2.4%
    Agreed but generally it gets 3x extra making it total to 3.6%, following is straight from HSBC VS page

    https://www.hsbc.com.hk/content/dam/...rewardcash.png
    Cash Trader likes this.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Cramped island
    Posts
    4,897
    Quote Originally Posted by vyral_143:
    Agreed but generally it gets 3x extra making it total to 3.6%, following is straight from HSBC VS page
    [/url]
    IC. thanks for linking.

Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3