Like Tree2Likes

Adding HK bank account to PayPal

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I tried contacting PayPal support.  They told me it had to be a HK account and closed the help chain. Grrr. twats.

Quote Originally Posted by ndt:
    Have you considered this? Why give your bank account number to third party when you can virtually have your own paypal with ability to pay worldwide in practically all major currencies with 0 cost.. In my book, PayPal is a dying business anyway..

https://www.hsbc.com.hk/debit-cards/...rd-debit-card/
    I can send money to a person's email with that?

Anyway. I just did EXACTLY the same as I did last night (pasting the same data from the same word doc). And it worked. So I guess it was just their server having a hissy fit.

ndt and HSY like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I can send money to a person's email with that?
    Unfortunately not, need ditigal wallet/app for that, didnt your needed it for pay by email..

One way of "getting to know your customer" is having them bang on a submit button hundreds of times.

Perhaps PayPal knows you are in Thailand, not Hong Kong and thus making it harder for you to add stuff to a HK based account.

PayPal was something unique in the 2000s but it's an outdated POS service now, so many better options.

Could not find a single way to use PP in silicon valley in 2016 so I could spend my USDs. They give awful XRs and make it painful to use if you're someone who changes country every decade. I couldn't even close my account, just put it in stasis, but at least I was able to get my cash out. Rubbish.