Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chuckster007

Transferring GBP from Turkey to Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Transferring GBP from Turkey to Hong Kong

I think this is an easy question for anyone in the banking sector, I'm an Enginer !

I have GBP funds in a bank in Istanbul Turkey and want to transfer it to my Citibank account here in HK

I understand that all such transfers are routed via London (and USD go via New York)

querstion is: are there any charges applied by UK authorities when making transfers ?

The Turkish Bank is demanding 2000 GBP for "clearance"

Any comments ?

What ?

Highly suspicious !

Quote Originally Posted by yardbird:
    The Turkish Bank is demanding 2000 GBP for "clearance"
    WTF!!! tell them to GO FORTH AND MULTIPLY (F@#K OFF)!!!!

Check WISE, transfer to WISE to get money changed and then transfer to HK account.

Thanks
    I'm struggling with the CEO of the bank in question. Maybe better to fly in and sort it out !
    I am just not sure of the protocol with the UK authorities. There must be millions of pounds passing through UK daily.

querstion is: are there any charges applied by UK authorities when making transfers ?
    making transfers has nothing to do with UK authorities, charges are only applied by the Banks as transfer fees etc
    Morrison likes this.

Looks you have over 500,000 Pounds, to justify Such high charges

In a word YES. I am dealing with the CEO and obviously English is not his first language, so I may have misinterpreted what he wrote. The charges may be for documentation to be prepared and legalized in Turkey prior to any transfer, like anti terrorist, drugs etc, and proof of ownership. Does that make sense ?