Like Tree19Likes

SCB / Cathay Card hack?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I just checked and I have the same $2000 annual fee. Called and did the request fee waiver and was rejected. Tried online and rejected as well....

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    If you can get on the app....
    was able to login online and disabled the CC.

Quote Originally Posted by BCD:
    I just checked and I have the same $2000 annual fee. Called and did the request fee waiver and was rejected. Tried online and rejected as well....
    That's odd. Also got $1800 fee for the Union Pay card which I never use. Did the automated waiver when I called. However, tried to speak to an agent to cancel the card which was impossible. This was 2 weeks ago.

I just called the hotline and pressed a few buttons and this $2000 annual fee waiver approved. It may have something to do with me being a priority customer that shouldn't have been charged an annual fee in the first place, just the bank trying it on to scam $2k out of whoever is too lazy to check their statement. SCB's own internal practices are a bigger scam that the scammers! Anyway thanks to this thread otherwise I might not have seen it.
    shri, pin and VillanElle like this.

And yet you still bank with them? Nobody is forcing you.

Ive had no problems with them personally. Service has been great compared to places like dbs.

Quote Originally Posted by HKthe:
    And yet you still bank with them? Nobody is forcing you.

Ive had no problems with them personally. Service has been great compared to places like dbs.
    Banks are like elephants being groped by blind men... Eventually we all end up a that part that is just a little bit shitty.
    bdw likes this.

I have had 8 charges of 9.26USD each from 2 home decorations company in US.
    Been on hold twice now for 45 mins with no answer.

Once they change from pending you can go into card management on the app and report them but it also blocks your card at the same time.

I got through to someone on the online chat function. Approved credit. They don't know why was was rejected earlier but maybe due to increase in traffic on site.
    shri and bdw like this.

Got an email from SCB last night.

Dear Valued Client,

Information about your credit card

We have recently detected some unauthorised transactions affecting a minority of our credit card base. We would like to let you know in response to this:
    • We have conducted a thorough investigation and have established that these were random attempts at low-value credit card transactions;
    • There has been no evidence of personal data leakage from the Bank;
    • It is safe for you to continue using your card as we have a robust mechanism in place to protect our clients; and
    • Starting from next week, we will proactively arrange a refund for any unauthorised transactions and eligible chargebacks, upon review of all card accounts.
    We attach great importance to safeguarding our clients and will continue to provide the best possible security and safety to all credit card holders.

Getting all sorts of emails and SMS messages from other cc providers now warning against unauthorises transactions.