Like Tree23Likes

dropping a credit card payment cheque after 5 pm

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

dropping a credit card payment cheque after 5 pm

i went to a bank to deposit a cheque against my credit card. i reached at 5.05 pm few minutes late. they didn't allow me to drop the cheque to the collection box. i was very surprised to see that they don't allow it. why would they deny as I was ready for cheque to go for collection 1-2 days later.
    I am not mentioning name of the bank as I assume it is practice with every bank and this matter should not be a bank specific.

What time does the bank close?
    Why do you feel that time is not important and you are special?

i feel drop a cheque in a drop box is not the service provided by a bank. It is just an act by customer. Later - collection of cheque from the box and subsequent action can be considered as service. Bank timing should be applicable to the service provided by bank and not dropping the cheque.

Quote Originally Posted by redslert:
    What time does the bank close?
    Why do you feel that time is not important and you are special?

People still use cheques?

Can't you deposit cheque at ATM?

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    People still use cheques?
    I have to pay my Standard Chartered credit card by cheque. It's ridiculous.

Edit - Possibly because i dont bank with them.

Or with your phone (HSBC/Hang Seng).

More generally you must be new here if you aren't yet used to the answer of Cannot because Cannot because Process. Certainly not just a bank thing.

Bank closes doors at 5 pm and you wanted to go in and drop a cheque off into the drop box at 5.05pm?? is that what you are moaning about??

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Bank closes doors at 5 pm and you wanted to go in and drop a cheque off into the drop box at 5.05pm?? is that what you are moaning about??
    Normally the roller door will be half open to let the last few customers out at that time, the OP should just play dumb and force his way in, drop off the cheque. Dont listen to the security guard telling you to get out, they dont carry guns in HK so I dont think you will get shot.
    chuckster007, qhank and VillanElle like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Normally the roller door will be half open to let the last few customers out at that time, the OP should just play dumb and force his way in, drop off the cheque. Dont listen to the security guard telling you to get out, they dont carry guns in HK so I dont think you will get shot.
    if the roller is half down, usually the glass doors are locked to prevent idiots who cant tell time coming in LOL
    Occasionally you do see some bank staff once they hear the persons excuse being let in.
    Its all down to the bank staff who holds the key to door, are they in a hurry to go to happy hour later or not
    bdw and Insomnia like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast