SC Cathay Card Paywave Unreliable?

Closed Thread

SC Cathay Card Paywave Unreliable?

I have had a newly issued SC Cathay Card rejected twice - once at park and shop and another time using Google Pay at 360.

Low value transactions on a pretty much unused card

Any one else encountering problems with a newly issued (post hack) CX card being rejected randomly?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I have had a newly issued SC Cathay Card rejected twice - once at park and shop and another time using Google Pay at 360.

Low value transactions on a pretty much unused card

Any one else encountering problems with a newly issued (post hack) CX card being rejected randomly?
    Not a new card (same card already for several years), booking a business trip with our company travel agent and strangely 1 transaction out of 3 or 4 with the same vendor got rejected. it was a small amount compared to the main one that did go through.

In my case it's been a Paywave specific rejection as the card works when used in a physical cc terminal. Weird..

Going to go back tomorrow to recheck..

Yeah mine was with the travel agent who does their thing as they have my CC details on hand (so no idea how that works exactly)
    I did have some strange things happening when using my HSBC Red card through ApplePay back in January. It kept being rejected (in like grocery stores) but I could take the card out and wave it at the terminal and then it worked and other cards worked at the same time with ApplePay. Happened quite a lot of times until one day it worked again... (without me changing anything)