Like Tree42Likes

2024 - Credit Cards / Deals / Discounts / Cashbacks

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8
    Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Stupid question and probably one for me to research, can you add PrimeCredit Union Pay to Alipay and not incur charges?
    I see only Visa and Master option in AliPay when I try to add CC.
    pin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dams37fr:
    How difficult is it to get the annual fee of the PrimeCredit credit cards waived?
    I got it waived for me and wife with a phone call. It was $1500.
    dams37fr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by muzzdang:

My MMPower card has given me over HKD1200 of free money which I can use directly to offset my payments on certain purchases, so its pretty cool
    How did you get over 1,200HKD of free money that much?

There was a $700 sign on bonus

https://www.hangseng.com/en-hk/perso.../mmpower-card/

And some spending bonus that was around $500, free money really

Most credit card gives around 800-1000 convertible credit when you sign up and use certain amount of money within the first 1 or 2 months.. many hkers like to do the merry go round, apply get the free cash and cancel, then apply again in a year (there's usually a block on receiving new gifts within 6 or 12month after cancelling a credit card)..

but can be tedious when you call the credit card company to cancel the card after the first year, and the company kept trying to convince you not to cancel it and hold onto it (waiving fees, etc.etc.etc)..

muzzdang likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    Most credit card gives around 800-1000 convertible credit when you sign up and use certain amount of money within the first 1 or 2 months.. many hkers like to do the merry go round, apply get the free cash and cancel, then apply again in a year (there's usually a block on receiving new gifts within 6 or 12month after cancelling a credit card)..

but can be tedious when you call the credit card company to cancel the card after the first year, and the company kept trying to convince you not to cancel it and hold onto it (waiving fees, etc.etc.etc)..
    In all fairness the churn game is popular in other countries including US, Canada and the UK. I don't think its HK specific.
    muzzdang likes this.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8