Say thank you to the Bankers!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Flyrice:
    I don't blame any of the (w)bankers pocketing the money, but don't wanna see them make excuses for pocketing it!

Can't they just stfu whilst pocketing the taxpayers money?!
    Their high income (and therefore high taxes contribution), help give you a 6.000 HKD tax rebate for next year.

Say thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by campas12:
    sorry to hear about your situation. but it's like that saying- god helps those who helps themselves. once your company started to take away potential promotions and salary hikes, you should've started looking for other jobs...hope it all works out for ya.
    I have been looking for a job for quite a few months, but, no go..

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Their high income (and therefore high taxes contribution), help give you a 6.000 HKD tax rebate for next year.

Say thank you.
    eh.... what? Now I should say thank you for them paying taxes on their taxpayer-paid bonus??? Thank God I'm not a taxpayer

Say thank you.
    Most Bankers (and high income earners) I know are crafty "%^^%&s, they somehow evade tax.

Thank them for what? Earning so much and still taking the average Joes tax money?!

GTFO!

>> Their high income (and therefore high taxes contribution), help give
    >> you a 6.000 HKD tax rebate for next year.

Mat - to be honest, it just does not fit a bankers profile to be paying taxes. If you're a banker and paying taxes... your bank obviously has a bad wealth management team or you're not making enough to qualify for the UBS swan specials.

Love the reactions (expected)

Cos of course if the boss was coming to see you and say:
    "Here man, you worked well this year so here is your bonus", you would say "sorry boss, we got bailout, so I can't take it"....

My ass...
    No - that would require integrity and self-respect, which of course are totally incompatible with being an investment banker.

Bankers aren't companies, they are regular employees. There's not a lot they can do to hide their income so you're wrong if you think they aren't paying high taxes. But hey, never let reality get in the way of a good story huh...

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialK:
    Bankers aren't companies, they are regular employees. There's not a lot they can do to hide their income so you're wrong if you think they aren't paying high taxes. But hey, never let reality get in the way of a good story huh...
    .... says the person who confuses millions with hundreds. Although, I agree with you here, I'm sure employed bankers in HK do pay HK taxes. Nonetheless, paying taxes is something pretty much everyone has to do, and if the money for the salary comes from the taxpayer, then I'd still figure banker owes taxpayer and not vice versa.

Mat, I've no idea where actually you work. If your bank does o.k. without bailout money then take whatever bonus you can get. If your bank gets bailout money then yes, still pocket it but don't whine about you & your coworkers rotten image. I mean, anyway, in five years you guys will again be everyones idol.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    No - we need a law to protect the rest of us from the bankers' stupidity.
    Since we're into gross overgeneralisations and sweeping statements again how about we look at all the idiots that overextended themselves financially. All those greedy daft people that bought houses they couldn't afford. The mugs who decided to spend too much on their credit cards then transfer that debt to their mortgage every year until all of a sudden they're in negative equity territory. How stupid do you have to be to take on a loan you can't afford? How stupid do you have to be to buy things you don't need and definitely can't afford? Many of these people took advantage of low/no doc home loans and swore they were able to make the repayments. Are they going to go to jail for lying?

I think all you whingers are a bunch of hypcorites, particularly any of you who own shares. Everyone wanted in on the gravy train, everyone wanted to buy shares that would make them money and save their sorry asses from a life of mediocrity. Think that unrealistic shareholder expectations didn't have any part to play in the ongoing crisis?

Everyone is to blame for the place we are in. Personally i think what has happened is great. It's making people reassess their lives, their spending habits and maybe they'll finally start to differentiate between need and want.

[QUOTE=er2;325821].... Nonetheless, paying taxes is something pretty much everyone has to do, /QUOTE]

except you of course. So you're just a burden to society at this point. Happy to take any government handouts you can and very willing to criticise others who actually pay massive amounts in taxes.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast