HSBC rights issue - how does one participate?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer:
    Thanks. What is fascinating is that the guide was clearly included in the packs for the UK shareholders whereas those of us in HK just get a couple of paragraphs on a scrappy letter with no detail at all!

i wonder if HSBC's price now is worth to go in for a few years time investing. Some say HSBC no longer offers good dividend as it used to be and this global downturn will probably take years down the road to recover and some other cheaper banks stocks are more worthwhile etc. I have a chunk of money here and am still wondering if i should chip in for this bet on the return of the bull few years on or should i park it elsewhere. thanks for anyone's comment...

i hope my acquisition will be able to form part of a driving force to move up the price for some

Last edited by =XTR=M=; 21-03-2009 at 02:16 AM.

According to the forecast dividend , it's still a good yield at the current price (compared to the nothing you get for a savings account, for example!). Obviously there is more risk but I have to believe that HSBC is still a reasonable bet....

LONDON, March 25 (Reuters) - Jersey-based hedge fund Bennelong Asset Management and U.S. rival Eton Park have taken a combined short position in HSBC worth about 360 million pounds ($524 million), data showed.

Bennelong said on Wednesday it had a short position amounting to 0.33 percent of HSBC (nyse: HBC - news - people )'s shares in issue, worth about 210 million pounds ($306 million) at current market prices.

Yahoo! BuzzEton Park said it had a 0.25 percent short position in Europe's biggest bank, worth about 150 million pounds ($218.3 million). The disclosures were made under rules requiring investors to show significant short positions during a rights issue.

Bennelong was set up in 2004 by ex-Macquarie Bank proprietary traders Richard Pegum, Paul Henry and Mark Konda and has over $1.8 billion in assets under management, according to its website.

It has offices in Jersey, London, Singapore and Sydney and its first fund was an Asia Pacific multi-strategy fund.

Eton Park last year had $13 billion under management and was founded in 2004 by former Goldman Sachs (nyse: GS - news - people ) trader Eric Mindich.

HSBC shares fell 4.4 percent on Wednesday to 374.25 pence