Paying for Banking

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by EUChinese:
    Anyway, I still think in general banking system in HK is one of the best in the world that what HK made up for- top banking captial.( I live in the UK).
    I have to agree with this poster. I have a corporate Bank of East Asia account and a corporate DBS account and I never had any problems.

HK banking blows away U.S. banking.

I've read the 3 pages about HK banks and what I found a little bit surprising is apparently nobody has problems
    to get a credit card as a foreigner in HK. I've applied for a credit since I arrived in 2001 and every time is the same answer : NO, you're not a permanent resident. I've tried HSBC, Hang Seng Bank, Bank of China, maybe I need to try out foreign banks ?
    What I find quite unfair is I'm paying all my bills, taxes, etc ..... and just on the pretext I'm foreigner they wouldn't grant me one ?

Why would I tell bullshits ?

And they've never asked me for bank statements, they've just said no, or my request has been rejected.

I don't think the issue is with you bullshitting, the issue is that the excuse given to you is highly irregular.

I don't have a PR (been in HK for way over 7 years.. just never got down to applying) and have not had problems with any of the banks I've dealt with.

Walk into an HSBC branch, ask the manager, I've heard you do not like to give credit cards to foreigners or non PRs. Listen to their response and THEN tell them you've been rejected ...

I had also been denied a CR from Hang Seng with the excuse that I am not a PR in 2001. I then went to HSBC and I got one from there without problems.

Hi Knowitall,
    >>>I don't think the issue is with you bullshitting, the issue is that the excuse given to you is highly irregular.

Do you know any text of law or something like that ? I assure you that I did ask more than once. Anyway, forget it. It's not so important.

Quote Originally Posted by kostas:
    I had also been denied a CR from Hang Seng with the excuse that I am not a PR in 2001. I then went to HSBC and I got one from there without problems.
    I'll give it a try again then. Cheers.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5