hang seng refuse me to open an account.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

If all you want to do is a very occasional money transfer of reasonably small amounts (say less than HK$10,000) then you might want to look at Western Union. For small transfers out of Hong Kong they are pretty competitive (much more so than they are for transfers out of most other countries).

Just go to another bank. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by pandabearest:
    Just go to another bank. Simple.
    I agree with pandabearest.

Amean there are so many banks in Hong Kong. Haha too bad Heng Seng just lost 1 of their potential customer.

Forget to reply, few days later i opened account in HSBC without any problem. they are friendly, from Hang Seng - i receive email where they are appologies but still no reason, another reason i read there is no law what they cannot denied to open account unless you have documents in hands, but this is law and this is instructions. The hole process took like 20 min, they give me bank card, and few days later i got CHECKS and few days later got small device to generate codes for online banking. The bank is so good, I have no idea why sister banks Hang Seng so sucks with service.
    anyway, thanks for support everyone, just shared my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by marker:
    I had the exact same experience just last last week, I went to HS Bank to open an account and I've produced all necessary documents like my passport,Permanent HKID, proof of address and still rejected me. I'm really gonna open up at HSBC. Thanks guys
    HS Bank is part of HSBC I assume you know that.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Why did you go to Yuen Long for to open an account?

Go to HSBC or BOC in central somewhere and deal with them, They're more likely to give you better service than they branch in Yuen Long.
    Good advice. I opened an account at Hang Seng in Tokwawan. Big mistake. No English and it was a lot of call backs. Oh a company expense cheque was not written exactly as the name on my account so we had to get that fixed in Tokwawan but I moved to Sheung Wan and office at Kwun Tong so that was a mess.

I needed a copy of a mobile bill from Canada to prove residence as well as my travel docs.

Jimboa is right though - get the account in Central. HSBC is actually better on money transfers than Hang Seng in my and others experience (from Canada to HK anyways).

my partner used her mums UK barclays bank statement as proof of address as she didn't have proof.
    that's what they asked for, and it worked.