Leaving Debt in the UK

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

I have to say I have no sympathy for people that can't live within their means nor for companies that prey on the weak...

Sweet chuffing christ I make a phuqing post about one person I know who purposely stole some money from a bank and I have a posse of holier than thou's on my back; no doubt none of yers ever did a thing wrong in your lives - saints the lot of yer. Now - which of you wants to lend me a thousand bucks?

The only other thing to note is that the recovery companies start loading up their charges as well. That might include the airfare for the investigator to come over here to HK to find you.

When going down to Spain there appeared to be a thriving industry investigators hunting down eloping creditors.

Moreover with a property in the UK, although you might be more difficult to find, your assets are not.

Quote Originally Posted by fth:
    The only other thing to note is that the recovery companies start loading up their charges as well. That might include the airfare for the investigator to come over here to HK to find you.

When going down to Spain there appeared to be a thriving industry investigators hunting down eloping creditors.

Moreover with a property in the UK, although you might be more difficult to find, your assets are not.
    For GBP 4K nobody is going to bother, especially for debts outside of the EU. Europe has reciprocal arrangements for debt collection but in HK I don't think anyone would bother for less than GBP 25K.

This case is a walk in the park for the creditors. CCJ followed by charging order. Mortgage lender will find out and send a shirty letter to the OP. It may do him a favor as once he gets a CCJ all the interest will be frozen.

Once an unsecured debt becomes secured all sorts of fun and games can start, not least the creditor applying for an enforced sale to recover the debt plus costs . But please, nobody from a UK collection agency (often one man and his dog working from home or a low paid call center worker) is going to get on a plane to come looking for a debtor.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4