Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Claire ex-ax

Travel Insurance for ski instructors

Travel Insurance for ski instructors

Does anyone know of a travel insurance policy that would cover you for doing ski instructor training courses of less than 2 weeks' duration (i.e. just on short trips, not a "gap year" policy). I'm guessing that this isn't a very common requirement for HK based travellers... The policies I've used previously of course all require your journey to start and end in the UK. Many insurance policies will exclude anything "professional".

Try this lot

Travel insurance and health insurance from ihi Bupa

I used them for a sports competition, when many travel insurance companies excluded them (eg a rugby tour). Main exclusions are motorsports and travel to war zones.

In Hong Kong I also have used AXA.

Hope this helps

fth

Thanks

Happy to help. FYI I switched to AXA as they had the more normal travel items (trip cancellation etc) included in the policy. IHI seemed to have fixed it since I last looked

Travel Insurance for snowboard/ski trip

Hi There,

Anyone know of any insurance company in HK that will provide cover for winter sports holidays? I used to go with the AA back in the UK and they provided cover for any winter sports equipment. Can't seem to find anything like that in HK!

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by shotokanBoy:
    Hi There,

Anyone know of any insurance company in HK that will provide cover for winter sports holidays? I used to go with the AA back in the UK and they provided cover for any winter sports equipment. Can't seem to find anything like that in HK!

Cheers.
    Hi

Reviving this old thread.

I do have annual multi-insurance, but am wondering if there are any companies that provide specific sports insurance for short periods.

I now this is quite common in the UK, but not sure about HK.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

pin, the IHI-Bupa one mentioned above states in its brochure:

Most dangerous sports and occupations covered
    pin likes this.