Citi Premier Miles - fee waiver?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The CX card and the Citi Premier Miles card give the same AsiaMiles ($8/AM in HK, $4/AM outside - except China which Amex gives $4/AM and Citi only $8/AM, but I never go there anyway).

You can only maintain status on CX by flying. Transferring points from a credit card doesn't affect your status - Club Miles are what you need, not AsiaMiles.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Out of curiosity, wouldnt the CX card give the best asia miles (rather than citi)?

Im thinking to get a card that gives asia miles myself. The reason is because I am a silver marco polo member now but need some extra miles to maintain this status (I havent quite flown enough this year).

Am I right to assume I can accumulate points using a credit card (or even transfer HSBC points to Asia miles on their website) and this will also allow me to keep my silver marco polo?
    But its an Amex, I think he's after a Visa.

And I've already got the CX Amex card. Unfortunately it's accepted in far fewer places around town, so I need a Visa as well.

Sorry to High jack your thread PDLM, but does anyone know of a Hong Kong credit card where we can redeem Flying blue miles ?

I believe Skyteam has the world carved up, so that Asia is NW's. Citi Premier Miles can feed into WorldPerks if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    You can only maintain status on CX by flying. Transferring points from a credit card doesn't affect your status - Club Miles are what you need, not AsiaMiles.
    I see. Thanks for clearing that up. So flying will get me both club miles and asia miles (at the same rate). But spending only gets me asia miles.

I guess I go back to a green member soon then. Never mind. But I did like those Dan Dan Men noodles in the business lounge

Flying with oneworld airlines gets you ClubMiles and AsiaMiles at the same rate. Flying with some other airlines just gets you AsiaMiles. Credit card spending and the other places you can earn (restaurants etc) just get you AsiaMiles.

PDLM:

Other credit cards don't even come close to the CX AMEX card and the Citi PM cards when it comes to Asia Miles, so perhaps you could consider actually paying the annual fee, which isn't a lot. If paying annual fees is against your principles, just discontinue the card, and apply for it again after 12 months have elapsed. That way you get the 2 year waiver all over again, but does mean you are without a decent Asia Miles-crediting Visa card for a year.

Or now that they are no longer a co-brand card with Cathay Pacific, maybe Citi will have more say over fee waivers. Do try and ask them to waive it.... I haven't try but who knows? I have not paid a single dollar of annual fee for my Amex gold card for years, although I NEVER use it (since I also have the CX AMEX card). It does require a phone call once a year though.