Like Tree2Likes

Best way to get CX Amex

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best way to get CX Amex

Hi Everyone

I'm trying to figure out best way to get CX Amex credit card:

1. which touchpoint to use to apply - directly with Amex or via CX?

2. does it matter at all that we have recently arrived from the UK and had an Amex card there?

3. can one get this specific CX Amex card by using account transfer functionality/service offered on Amex website?

Any other advice more than welcome.

Cheers!

Have you a HKID? If not, then you most likely can't get one.

PJJ likes this.

If you still have your UK Amex card, you should be able to transfer it to HK. Just go to the website get the contact details and speak to the membership dept.

I'm going to apply for HKID as soon as we sign lease agreement for our permanent place - can wait with Amex application until then.

Have already contacted Amex in the UK and they redirected me to the account migration service I referenced above

You need to apply for HKID as soon as you get your visa. I'm surprised the person you are leasing from has not already asked for it! I wouldn't wait.

I got the CX Amex just after I moved here - just apply direct with Amex - Account migration takes weeks whereas applying direct takes about one week!

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    You need to apply for HKID as soon as you get your visa.
    That is not right, you have a grace period of 30 days from when you enter Hong Kong on any visa which entitles you to stay more than 180 days.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by newtohk2:
    I got the CX Amex just after I moved here - just apply direct with Amex - Account migration takes weeks whereas applying direct takes about one week!
    That's really useful, thanks! What about the credit history, though - I have none in HK? Would they look at my Amex account history in the UK when considering my application here in HK?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff:
    That is not right, you have a grace period of 30 days from when you enter Hong Kong on any visa which entitles you to stay more than 180 days.
    Exactly. We wanted to apply for HKID with our permanent HK address already. The landlord we are about to sing a lease with has no problem with my passport.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff:
    Pedantically yes you are correct. Although why anyone would wait for their permanent address is beyond me (it's not on your card and they don't get posted to you) and the card is required for so many other activities that not getting one asap is just daft.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast