Is it easy to apply for credit card in HK?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

that, or mobile phones (ladies put the phones in the bag with the card).
    or octopus reader (because octopus need to write on the card).
    etc.etc..

Hi all,

The problem with expats getting a Credit card, is becoz there is a history of expats running high their credit cards and then leave without paying anything when their contract in HK is up.

RayHKG

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    At the premier levels all banks are generally as good. At the lower tiers all banks are generally as bad. Some local banks work out better than the international if you're looking for basic services.
    I don't know about HK, but back in my home country not all priority banking services are created equal. I bank with Citigold and HSBC Premier, and I like HSBC's service sooo much better.

I was forewarned by an expat in my office regarding HSBC Premier, so I shouldnt be surprised

>> not all priority banking services

Sorry, should have brought it down to credit cards and not priority banking. What I meant was a platinum card is a platinum card and you'll get fairly standard levels of service across all the banks.

Priority Banking is another issue.

Quote Originally Posted by coolgirl:
    really, citi is better? my experience back home is that Citi is worse than HSBC
    I have no experience with Citi back home in Singapore, but I have no complain about their services here in HK. I have a lot of problem with HSBC that requires me to be at the bank almost every other week for the 3 months I was with them .... follow up CC application, cancelling my premier account for pissing me off .... they even ask me to pay them a fee for their mistake of wrong processing (their computer God again) or they will take legal action for 2 US cents difference! I think it is their inflexibility that really drive me nuts, so once there is an error somewhere (even if it is their fault), it is going to take inhumanly great effort on the consumer to rectify. And they are really error prone. Citi is much more customer oriented and sensible. So when there is an error they call me (of course got to autheticate quite a lot of things like IC number etc etc, but the little inconvenience is a small price for security), I get things done without going to the bank. Citi is also less error prone from my experience. The downside is they have less gift and promo. Well, I will trade those things for reliability and less hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by tanbs:
    HSBC that requires me to be at the bank almost every other week for the 3 months I was with them .... follow up CC application, cancelling my premier account for pissing me off ....
    i had to call HSBC every other week.. faulty ATM cards, Internet Banking issues, Credit Cards etc. but i insisted on havin no time to go down & they arrange for everything to be done(via fone & fax) & even hand delivery to my office..

In fact, it's the HSBC service that's making me stay on with them.. guess i was lucky to get a nicer HSBC representative.

or cos u have a large sum in your account so they dare not offend u ? 8-P

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    or cos u have a large sum in your account so they dare not offend u ? 8-P
    HAHAH.. no way more than the amt u have in Citibank la! When's ur Ultima card arriving?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4