Citibank vs Hang Seng

Citibank vs Hang Seng

Hi guys,

Any thoughts on the pros and cons of these two banks? I'll be checking through the fees and stuff but the citipayroll account and the hs preferred account seem to be somewhat similar...

Just wondered what people who use the accounts think...

I would prefer HS because they have a lot more branches / ATM machines where you can easily reach for services.

Quote Originally Posted by hklocal:
    I would prefer HS because they have a lot more branches / ATM machines where you can easily reach for services.
    Branches, maybe, but ATM machines, not sure, as Citibank is part of the Jetco network, which has the most ATM machines in HK.

I'm not sure whteher Jetco is supposed to have the most number of ATM machines, but from my observation, there're always several HS ATM machines together in the same area, while there is normally one machine at a place only for Jetco normally. Also you can use both the machines of HSBC as well as HS!

There are also Hang Seng Bank ATM machines in every MTR station in Hong Kong.

JETCO (traditional Chinese: 銀通) (full name: Joint Electronic Teller Services Limited, traditional Chinese: 銀聯通寶有限公司) is the biggest network of automatic teller machines in Hong Kong and Macau, with nearly 1,700 cash machines[citation needed].

Last edited by dumbdonkey; 07-06-2010 at 03:59 PM. Reason: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JETCO

I'm not sure whteher Jetco is supposed to have the most number of ATM machines, but from my observation, there're always several HS ATM machines together in the same area, while there is normally one machine at a place only for Jetco normally. Also you can use both the machines of HSBC as well as HS!
    Strange phenomena. I see usually several banks with Jetco machines and the ability to be able to use them and a small cluster of HSBC or HS machines with large queue's.

When working in Kowloon I always see several BoC's, BEA, Wing Hung, Wing Lung, Citic, DBS, Standard Chartered, etc in same street and an HSBC or 2 with just one or 2 ATM's. Over where I live in Sai Kung there is no Hang Seng! There is an HSBC with 2 ATM. But we do get a BOC, BEA, Standard Chartered, Public Bank off the top of my head.....

Jetco claims to have over 2,000 ATM machines in HK and Macau:
    History

Jetco doesnt seem to have a strong brand image in itself. Its just a logo on other banks ATMs. I didnt know anything about it until I joined Standard Chartered. But when you look at all the banks that are part of this network, is it absolutely the biggest in Hong Kong.

The banks include Standard Chartered, Bank of East Asia, Bank of China, Wing Hang, Wing Lung, Citibank, Bank of Communications, China Construction, Fubon, DBS, Public Bank (HK), Dah Sing, Shanghai Commercial, China Merchants, etc