Setting up a trading (Import / Export) business

  1. #1

    Setting up a trading (Import / Export) business

    Hi I need some advices here.
    I came to HK from UK 1,5 yrs ago on an employment visa. Currently still working for the same company, but wondering if possible to set up / register a trading (import / export) company next to my official work. Will this be allowed by the Immigration Department. Because I believe the employment visa is really restricted and only gives your right to work for that certain company. In this case do I need to get another visa (like self employed)? As well how much do I need to invest for registering such kind of import / export company?
    thanks a lot!

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Yuen Long

    For someone who has been here 1.5 years and joined this forum in Nov 2008. I am surprised you are asking a question that has been asked many times before. The search feature actually works.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    hong kong

    Honestly ?? I really suggest you sit down an think if you are capable.

    If you cannot figure out even where to find the most basic information then do you have the skill set to do something as hands on in what you propose? If your imagining doing it part time - never going to happen.

    If you want to put all your cash at risk and get into the vipers nest then fill your boots. The gov websites have all the info you need.

    Good luck and please post your next of kin details so we know where to send your body.