Like Tree1Likes

Build a Business Yourself, or Buy an Existing One?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

If he's buying, mine's a pint

Interestingly (and completely off topic, sorry!) I was searching for information on Zurich last week (looking for outdoor stores!) and found an "english speakers forum" which looked jolly similar to Geo (before the facelift). It made me wonder if there was a "forum template" out there and you are all using it, or if Shri you are more global than I realised! It was a good site - got great info on discount outdoor stores for western sized ladies (and gentlemen).

It is the software.

Was it englishforum.ch (or something like that?) great community. If I had a few dollars, that is one of the forums I'd like to buy.

Well I guess that answers my earlier question. I assume that Shri is now just holding out for the right price from InternetBrands or someone like that.

Nah ... IB has sold out to a PE firm who're basically going to plunder away as they paid far to a high a price for the communities they bought.

For the record... I'm not selling and as far as buying is concerned, moh cheen ah!

One can dream though.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Nah ... IB has sold out to a PE firm who're basically going to plunder away as they paid far to a high a price for the communities they bought.
    Given that Flyertalk is one of their flagship communities, and an extremely valuable resource for frequent travellers (to which I have lifetime premium membership), I hope that this isn't going to be quite as bad as it sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    It is the software.

Was it englishforum.ch (or something like that?) great community. If I had a few dollars, that is one of the forums I'd like to buy.
    Yep and some thing else to make it longer

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Yep and some thing else to make it longer
    Have you been reading those spam emails again?

>> I hope that this isn't going to be quite as bad as it sounds.

At this point I suspect FlyerTalk is indestructible. It is IB's crown jewel and without down its best monetized site. What I'm worried about are the hundreds of other communities they've accumulated.

Getting back on topic .. I'll be at the TEN session tomorrow.

Last edited by shri; 14-10-2010 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Given that Flyertalk is one of their flagship communities, and an extremely valuable resource for frequent travellers (to which I have lifetime premium membership), I hope that this isn't going to be quite as bad as it sounds.
    Bet you Randy made a killing on the sale though.