Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 100LL

Drop shipping from HK?

Closed Thread

Drop shipping from HK?

Does anyone have experience with drop shipping from HK to N. America and Europe? My partner and I are in the process of manufacturing some equipment for a specific industry and would like to take the business online somewhere down the road. Our options are:

A. set up ecommerce website ourselves and ship to customers abroad.

B. drop ship the products for online stores operated by a third party located abroad.

C. partner up with a drop shipper abroad and ship in bulk to them.

I would imagine that if I take option A, handling customer complaints and returns/exchanges would be an absolute nightmare. That's why I'd like to know what I'll be getting myself into if I choose any of these routes. I have some design/internet marketing experience, but still green at running a business, so any feedback will be much appreciated!

Arrow Drop shipping from HK

I suggest you to contact shipping company. it is one of best way for you. then you will know everything.

Depends how many different products you have, how big/heavy your products are, the price tag of each shipment, how fast the customers need/want it, how many shipments will there be in total every day or week, which continents you ship to (customs/taxes), if this is something you will only do for a few months or for a few years, if you can afford to wait for the payments, if you have the time to setup web site and take care of sales and administrative overhead, etc.

Shipping: depending on the volume/profitability it can be done and makes sense from Hong Kong. Also depends on the alternatives you have.

Ecommerce/sales: Depends on the product and market as well, but if your volume is big your overhead will be big too. If you have a good (and fast) option to get started quickly, or if there is a small army of resellers just waiting to sell and use you as a drop shipper, then I'd say this is a good way to go.

I've shipped extensively (hundreds of parcels a day) using courier services, airmail services, HK post, HK speedpost in a past life. All sold through an online store. I've also done a bit of drop shipping for overseas businesses.

Last edited by 100LL; 30-11-2010 at 09:28 PM.
    Eddy Mundo likes this.