Entrepreneurs in HK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thumbs up Entrepreneurs in HK

We're a group of entrepreneurs/professionals in their late 20's-30's who's eager to meet existing and aspiring entrepreneurs in Hong Kong (and even Shenzhen, Macau, Zhuhai, etc.) to brainstorm and see if our ideas can lead anywhere.

My contact's background has been in market research and business/academic publishing. He recently left his job and would like to explore the possibility of going into business before hitting the job market again or deciding to go back to school.

I'm in a similar predicament, my own background consists of events management (operations & marketing side), sales, marketing & currently learning as much as I can about investment management (stocks, mutual funds, investment vehicles & real estate)...aspiring to be a technopreneur

Some of the businesses we've given thought to are ones that involve localizing niche online community/information services that have proven successful in the US, but are not yet present in the region. Other ideas include market research/consulting startups and the like.

We're having our first brainstorming session on Saturday afternoon at 4pm at Pacific Coffee in either the New World Centre in Kowloon, Central Plaza or the on
    Fenwick Street in Wanchai.

Please get in touch if you have any interest. Thanks

Lightbulb

Hi fellow entrepreneurs,

I may pop by if I'm in the area. Being an entrepreneur is difficult especially if you have no contacts and no money. My background is in IT - mainly web development, system admin, IT managerial roles.

I've had many an idea and not surprised that some other people have taken the initiative and gone through with their vision into the marketplace.

I still have a couple up my sleeve and will be interested in discussing with like minded people to see if there is a glimmer of it becoming reality.

Do you have access to funds if an idea is feasible?

You been in touch with these guys? http://www.entrepreneurs.com.hk/html/index.htm

Hi Morlich,

Great to hear from you. If we come up with a stellar business plan, I'd be able to help...most of my connections with private/angel investors are in Manila and I know a few who are based in the US. We're better off staying away from VC's if we want control over the company. If the business is indeed feasible and profitable, I can definitely help with funding...what I do lack is the IT expertise! So it'll be perfect for you to join us!

I'm really just looking for a few select individuals who are serious & committed to starting this up. Let me know if you'd like to join us

Hi jgl,

Thanks for the suggestion, will check it out

deleteduser
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    You been in touch with these guys? http://www.entrepreneurs.com.hk/html/index.htm
    Wow, those people are definitely not in their late 20's

Quote Originally Posted by lowlight:
    Wow, those people are definitely not in their late 20's
    LOL ... but if an idea is solid and feasible enuff .. these guys could be the local private investors.

coreventsasia >> Yea, hope to stay away from VCs as long as possible, but will probably be needed if we go global or IPO for cash injection and for them to get a quick, solid exit strategy.

We could also possibly get some help from the HK Government Innovation and Technology Fund
    http://www.itf.gov.hk/eng/About.asp with patents and funding.

Is the meeting today still on ... I'm free after 14:00. PM me details and we'll exchange phone numbers. I'm on Kowloon side if it is possible to meet somewhere in TST.
    Last edited by Morlich; 05-05-2007 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Add PM info

Morlich,

Sorry we pushed the meeting to Monday afternoon(I just realized I need to make a quick stop in macau this afternoon & my partner isn't free tomorrow) What time are you free on Monday?

Sure we can definitely explore all avenues for funding when we all meet up...it's exciting!

I stay in TST too, close to the avenue of the stars so can we set the venue to Pacific Coffee at the New World Centre?I'll PM you my contact details. Let me know if that works for you

Thx for the update. Sorry Monday in no good, fully packed. Tuesday is a maybe.

I'm actually in Kowloon Bay, just TST is a lil easier to get to than Central/Wanchai. But I can go there too.

Enjoy your trip. I'm sure we'll be in touch.

monday

guys,

i would love to join as long as its pass 6pm- or after office hours i hope it will be held on tst.
    would love to hear out ideas

thanks

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast