Like Tree10Likes

Do I need to register a business in hk?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Original Post Deleted
    For once I agree, what's the difference?

Will continue reading seems this thread is long maybe the answer in a few pages.

Quote Originally Posted by climber07:
    IMMD indeed can block anyone's entry at any time (and anyone entering HK that many times in one year will likely get questioned).
    Correct, but if someone has a complaint against you the likelyhood of getting stopped and returned go up.
    But as long as OP marks business for his reason for visit on the entry form, he should have no issues
    Sorry, no.
    ....and your example is pretty ridiculous in practice. He's technically employed outside of HK.
    I fail to see your point. He is working here. It doesnt matter where he gets paid, he is working in Hong Kong which makes it illegal.
    If you can find a loophole feel free to point out the relevant statutes.

Original Post Deleted
    The form is designed, I believe, for those who need a visa before arrival. It is then also used by those enjoying the visa waiver status but are on repeat business visits with the aim of conducting work while in Hong Kong (the reason we ended up using it). I suppose it's a little like repeat visits to renew visitor visas for people living here as the partner of someone on an employment visa. You're OK doing it until they catch you and then you are told to process next arrival on a different basis. We complied.
    TheBrit, Mat and climber07 like this.