Like Tree21Likes

Starting an online retail company

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Be sure to name the site after a major world river!

www . danube . com appears to still be available

Last edited by Stoob; 02-06-2012 at 01:40 PM.

Shopify is a good platform for launching an online retail store. It provides integrated product/inventory management paypal/cc checkouts as well as order fulfillment/worldwide shipping.

It will take some studying of the scripting/code they use if you want to customise your store layout though.

Their tech support is friendly and efficient.

lrpolo likes this.

An easy, less risky way is Amazon of course....it's expensive but many people make a success of it on Amazon.

I am interested in starting an online retail store too. What products are you looking to cover? Maybe we can brainstorm ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebird1986:
    I am interested in starting an online retail store too. What products are you looking to cover? Maybe we can brainstorm ideas.
    How about products that sells
    Khema likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by garycyk:
    in fact, hk people do not get used to shop online
    That's not true. How often do you receive responses to your online dog-walking adverts?
    bryant.english likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    That's not true. How often do you receive responses to your online dog-walking adverts?
    I hear this a lot actually.....where does this myth come from? Everyone I know uses Taobao and a lot of local women here buy clothes online.

I helped a friend who is not all that tech savvy start a store using Magento's Go Store platform. Take a look at it.

lrpolo likes this.

People will buy from taobao , amazon etc. When they really cannot find the stuff they wanted in hk.

As go out to shopping is very convenient ,and hk people like to touch and test the product before they buy. 10 years ago, a tycoons(The boss of apple daily hk) started a big online store and he nearly bankrupt within one year
    Wow, from Tycoon to nearly bankrupt within one year. Did he buy his domain name for 888 billion dolla?
    Last edited by 100LL; 03-06-2012 at 10:44 PM.

10 years ago, a tycoons(The boss of apple daily hk) started a big online store and he nearly bankrupt within one year
    Interesting info gary.

Quote Originally Posted by 100LL:
    Wow, from Tycoon to nearly bankrupt within one year. Did he buy his domain name for 888 billion dolla?
    Wanna analyze this a bit? What do you think is the cost to his operation?