Like Tree1Likes

Residential Courier Server without Surcharge

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Brother uses them too for delivery of their toner. But I needed to prepay by CC.

On the other hand, delivery including surcharge by cheaper companies is not more expensive than their service. I'd only use them for residential and a substantially cheaper one for commercial deliveries.
    (for example Winson Express, charging 700 HK$ for 100 coupons - no expiry date. No idea about the COD charge though)

Last edited by hktraveller; 10-08-2012 at 10:07 AM.

Thanks HK traveller,

Do you have the link for Winson Express? I tried googling them.. no results.. I find alot of couriers are dirt cheap for commercial areas, and 2-3 or even 4 times more expensive for residential.

COD is pretty important for me. I find that HK ppl like to pay by COD then doing pre-payment with bank transfer, paypal, credit card, etc. I'm guessing there has been alot of frauds in HK that ppl here don't trust smaller companies with their credit card information.

Thanks,
    J

Quote Originally Posted by 365print:
    Thanks HK traveller,

Do you have the link for Winson Express? I tried googling them.. no results.. I find alot of couriers are dirt cheap for commercial areas, and 2-3 or even 4 times more expensive for residential.

COD is pretty important for me. I find that HK ppl like to pay by COD then doing pre-payment with bank transfer, paypal, credit card, etc. I'm guessing there has been alot of frauds in HK that ppl here don't trust smaller companies with their credit card information.

Thanks,
    J
    I try to get the link, if not then an address. Their surcharge for residential deliveries is 20 HK$, in total still cheaper than ta-q-bin. But if you volume is high enough ta-q-bin might give you a discount of 5$ or even more.

Yes, good to know the details of the Winston express.

Original Post Deleted
    I sell some ink cartridge sets at $100 for 8, including shipping. You can imagine how much $15 on top of shipping would impact these low cost items.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerSun:
    ...life of ease and comfort...
    Quote Originally Posted by 365print:
    ...low cost item...
    It looks to me like you have to make a choice.

Yep like hktraveller says .. cheaper, faster or better. You can only be 1 or 2 of them at a time.

I will try for cheaper for the time being, then possibly change if I have the power to negotiate for better rates.

Thanks for the help, guys!

You could set up an online shop front, hook up with paypal and simply accept credit card payments through paypal (rather than payment via paypal) and fulfil orders through HK Post at around 6 - 8 dollars per order (as little as 4 dollars for a single item I believe).

No payment problems there, and you get to pass on the savings to your clientele.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    You could set up an online shop front, hook up with paypal and simply accept credit card payments through paypal (rather than payment via paypal) and fulfil orders through HK Post at around 6 - 8 dollars per order (as little as 4 dollars for a single item I believe).

No payment problems there, and you get to pass on the savings to your clientele.
    Thanks for your advice. That was the first option but as I continued to work on my site, I researched the competitors and noticed none of them accept credit card payments or Paypal. I investigated more and found that alot of HK people (maybe not expat like us) do not like to use credit cards on smaller sites. Makes sense since there are alot of fraud cases. It's only the bigger sites and popular brands have credit card payments. An alternative option to cc payment or Paypal is bank transfer. I offer this option, but some of the customers and offices prefer to give cash and checks.

Thanks,
    J