Like Tree4Likes

best agency needed for direct hire helper from ph

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    is it true that i dont need to use an agency if i am transfering a filipino helper from a expired contract.
    if your helper has finished her contract, then no you don't need to use an agency. Simply get the forms from immigration and fill them up, get her to take them to the consulate and then to immigration.
    dumbdonkey and pandancake like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    if your helper has finished her contract, then no you don't need to use an agency. Simply get the forms from immigration and fill them up, get her to take them to the consulate and then to immigration.
    Thanks. What if the helper is resigning from her current job

dumb donkey

Then that is a break contract and she will have to exit / you will have to use an agency.

Hi Cookie09,

I am choosing Aura because the helper selected it and went through it before..well 2003 is long time ago and i was told they only need to pay medical but you can pay it for them as well if you like..the total cost for Aura is 4450,- same included like Emrys also the life insurance,ticket aso..Logoncorp is 4900 same package like Emrys but they charge the helper some fees as well..Everyone has a different situation to hard to say which agency you should take..its up to you..but Emrys didnt wanted to proceed papers for our according to them to old helper they said the papers wont get appoved by immigtation aso.. which made me angry and caused me a lot of extra work contacting immigration finding out her age isnt a problem at all. So I wont be using Emrys ever..

Hi dumbdonkey,

dont take a terminated helper someone has terminated her for a reason..Select carefully,ask the right questions on the interview..They are making up a lot of stories I speak from experience and have some tricks in the pocket and know how to manipulate you to take advantage of you..If she is resigning its even worse.Would you like someone resigning when you need her help?They using resigning to get more money out of us, the previous employer has to pay her, plus you might pay her more because you feel sorry for her after the terrible strory she told you how bad she was treated..once you see the truth yourself its to late and you ended up paying.. there is a lot of good helpers around which have finished contract or the employer is relocating..check references, call previous employers..if you take a finished contract one she can do all the paperwork for you and it can take 7-14 days until she can start working..depending on when the contract is finished and she is released..you can email all your questions to immigration they are very helpfull.

shri and wtbhotia like this.

Quote Originally Posted by globaltraveler:
    If she is resigning its even worse.Would you like someone resigning when you need her help?They using resigning to get more money out of us, the previous employer has to pay her, ....
    Or, perhaps, the helper is resigning because she is being mistreated, not paid, overworked or simply because like any other employee she is perfectly within her rights to leave her employer for a better opportunity, provided that contractual notice provisions, etc. are complied with. For every story you can come up about an awful helper I can come up with another about awful employers...

Also, I don't know that many people who really "need" a helper. In North America, Europe, Australia, etc. live-in domestic help is only for the very rich, everyone else gets by without it. "Need" is a very strong word and most people I know "like" having someone do domestic chores (and everything else) for them, but they don't necessarily "need" the help. Some helpers do to care for children if both parents work and it may be quite inconvenient for working parents whose helper quits mid-contract, but even that is manageable.

ps. OP: used Emrys for our direct hire helper, no problems. They did what they were supposed to. Would use them again unless someone brought a much better option to my attention.

[QUOTE=globaltraveler;2168782]I am choosing Aura because the helper selected it and went through it before..well 2003 is long time ago and i was told they only need to pay medical but you can pay it for them as well if you like..the total cost for Aura is 4450,- same included like Emrys also the life insurance,ticket aso..Logoncorp is 4900 same package like Emrys but they charge the helper some fees as well..QUOTE]

fair enough. if you add all charges in (we also had the mandatory training since our helper was a first timer) i think Aura is about 500HKD cheaper than Emry's and Logoncorp is pretty much the same.

Yes its pretty simple. I did it as a newbie in HK two years ago, really very easy though do make sure that you have the helper take a medical before you proceed.

Hi elliee,

I agree with you on the helper situation that it might be also the other way around but if someone needs a helper and there is a lot of them available which are finished contract or employer relocation with good references than its better for us employers to take the easiest and quickest choice..
    It is true that some people might not need a helper like back home, but HK is a bit different..so some people might need a helper time is money ..Back home we have family and friends and neighbours who help out and the lifestyle is different..and even so a lot of people getting some cleaning help or baby sitter, ironing help aso..its not so expensive if you have someone 1x a week..I agree if you live in town home every evening ,have a lot of restaurants available and no kids,pets 700sf than it might be ok without..But if you have kids, pets, live in NT in a big house without a car and travelling a lot it might be a different situation.Everyone has a different situation but dont forget if you hire a maid here, she can support her family with the salary you are paying her..