Like Tree2Likes

T&C for leasing new office between LL & Tenant

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by chips:
    I'm surprised pantries are not as common in HK where they work longer hours with all their overtime. I guess they rely more on take aways or food deliveries.
    It's an urban myth. Some locals do go out for dinner then come back to hang around in the office because it's a more pleasant environment than their home, but working they ain't!

Genuine overtime working is no more common here than anywhere else in my experience.
    dear giant likes this.

Any precautions to make before considering renovations?

LL already confirmed can use own contractor and $4000 security deposit refundable after renovation completed. We've so far taken a few photos during our visit and plan to go again soon to take some more. LL insists leaving place in same condition as it is now at the end of tenancy.

Any more actions we should take to ensure there are no problems when handing back the office space in terms of renovations?

Tenancy

Quote Originally Posted by chips:
    Any precautions to make before considering renovations?
    LL already confirmed can use own contractor and $4000 security deposit refundable after renovation completed. We've so far taken a few photos during our visit and plan to go again soon to take some more. LL insists leaving place in same condition as it is now at the end of tenancy.
    Any more actions we should take to ensure there are no problems when handing back the office space in terms of renovations?
    As you are putting partitions and a pantry, you will have to remove all the additions. Fill in any holes, May be need to paint the walls and ceiling .Have to give back in same condition you got.

This is something to discuss with your contractor, but some things are harder to move than others. Contractors regularly move fire alarms and air conditioning ducts to fit the partitions where you tell them to put them - better to design the rooms to so that they go around such things as the moving costs (and putting back costs) are high. Of course if you have no ceiling high partitions not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    This is something to discuss with your contractor, but some things are harder to move than others. Contractors regularly move fire alarms and air conditioning ducts to fit the partitions where you tell them to put them - better to design the rooms to so that they go around such things as the moving costs (and putting back costs) are high. Of course if you have no ceiling high partitions not a problem.
    Thanks. I think we'll go for lower than ceiling height partitions.